We were completely happy with our stay here. We were in room 16 a small but very attractive room with a spacious stone bathroom. The hotel was full or I think we might have received an upgrade. The room is very attractively furnished with good lighting. The Frette linens were a treat as was the unusual bed with a plastic spring type mattress-very high tech! Coffee, tea and mineral water are complementary in the room. We had cable access for the computer but wifi only available in the public rooms. We had a spacious desk and a free standing full length mirror.
The bathroom was almost as large as the bedroom with stone and stainless steel, Grohe fixtures and separate large shower with rainhead and extra large soaking bathtub. Spa products for our use were very nice. There were glass fish and other decorations on the bathroom shelves and plenty of storage. Missing was an outlet for the hairdryer in the bathroom though there are many outlets in the bedroom.
The garden is lovely and extensive and we took advantage of the sunny weather to lounge outside. We did not use the spa but it looked beautiful.
We had an excellent dinner in Hicks and found the bar highly attractive in contrast with what some reviewers wrote here. The bar has modern decor with red and wood furnishings. There is a fabulous glass sculpture and oil painting and very comfortable sofas and chairs..
Service was friendly and accommodating. We had a long and pleasant chat with the general manager who was most gracious. We had no special requests during our stay
Breakfast was a la carte and included two courses, fresh orange juice and coffee. I don't understand the gripes about the English breakfast-portions were ample and the eggs were always perfectly cooked. We had excellent Scottish smoked salmon and delicious eggs Benedict.
The location is right on the main square. Our room was on the street so I imagine it could be noisy at the height of the season. Many of the room and all of the suites are on the garden and private.
There are plenty of good restaurant choices within walking distance and we found Chipping Campden to be a very convenient base for exploring the .Cotwsolds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds