Desperately in need of some R&R, my husband and I booked a last-minute break here. The attraction was the spa, and we phoned the day before we wanted to arrive to see if they could accommodate us. They could, but only in three different rooms over the three day stay, which they did warn us about. We didn't have a problem with this, and as we were given a reduced rate, and all the moving was done for us, it worked out fine. It also meant that we got to experience more of the hotel than most, I suspect.
Room 23 was ok, spacious and clean, but drab and nothing special. My husband described it as 'faded glory'. The bathroom again was ok, with a tiny bath and an average shower.
Room 18 was full of character, in a county cottage meets 'Austin Powers' sort of way. Exposed beams, feature bath in the bedroom (no shower), orange leather swivel chairs, huge faceted mirror and changing coloured light panel in the cupboard of a toilet. Charming, but a bit surreal.
Room 32, otherwise known as the Hidcote, was the pièce de résistance. Our very own little cottage in the grounds, with private garden and outdoor hot tub - a proper wooden one. Apart from the fact that there were no outside lights working (we had a torch in the car), we still revelled in the luxury of bathing and sitting outside after dark, enjoying the warm end of summer temperatures.
The food was very good from the bar and grill, as eat in and room service. The food in the dining room however, was outstanding. 6 courses, plus Chef's treats, quality ingredients, cleverly and beautifully cooked and presented. The Chef was talented, charming and thoughtful. We also had outstanding service from Michael.
The spa was ok, a nice-enough pool and relaxation area. We did enjoy some treatments and pampering, and I had a particularly good massage from Becky.
Chipping Campden, and this hotel, was just what we needed (although pricey) - a break away from it all, somewhere welcoming, with a bit of character and charm - and we really didn't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds