We paid for a winter break 2 night deal on 'Mrs&Mrs Smith' which was in itself a great deal so we were thrilled when we were given an automatic upgrade into a suite. There was no fuss made of this which made it feel extra special as we had no idea until we were shown into the room which had a lounge area with huge gas fire place, comfortable small sofa and large TV.
The bathroom was something else! The huge 2 person granite egg-shaped bath was the ultimate was to relax. Each room had it's own light control system and for the bathroom this included a 'mood' light setting which featured a very contemporary light fixture over the bath (which was a piece of artwork in itself) and directly over the rain shower (which also had a separate detachable shower head) there were lights which changed colour.
The bedroom was nice with a lovely huge, comfortable bed. there wasn't much room to move around from the far side of it though so if you get up lots in the night it night not be ideal.
The room also had doors out into it's own walled, private courtyard with a table and chair which would have been lovely when the weather was warmer.
The tea and coffee facilities were excellent and there was a mini fridge which contained proper milk and bottles of still and sparking water. There were also homemade biscuits for us when we arrived. As part of our Mr&Mrs Smith booking deal we had a bottle of champagne waiting for us and we were impressed to discover from the wine menu that this was worth £50 (cynically we had assumed it would be a cheap and cheerful bottle).
We used the spa facilities both days and spent over 3 hours by the pool on the second day as the weather wasn't so good, and we were the only ones there the whole time (admittedly it was probably due to it being mid-week in January). It was a very relaxing space but not pretentious in any way. the hydro-pool was lovely as you could lie on one of the 'jacuzzi' beds and then slip straight back into the pool. The steam room was great too and we didn't have any massages as we were quite content.
We ate in The Grill and the fillet steak was phenomenal - probably the best I've ever had and worth ever penny. All of the dishes were beautifully presented and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was very tasty too and there was plenty of choice from a continental selection of pastries, cereal and fruit as well as a full hot breakfast menu, including Eggs Benedict which is my personal favourite and set up in perfectly for a day out and about.
Our room was at the front of the hotel so we could access it via a separate entrance which was really lovely. Despite being next to the road (which isn't a busy one anyway) we didn't hear a thing as the bedroom is at the rear and only the lounge area is at the front which made it feel more private and cosy.
Please note, this is not a room to stay in if your a new couple or a private person as there is no door to the bathroom from the bedroom (just a curtain across the doorway).
We had a wonderful few days at the Cotswold House Hotel and were instantly drawn to it's relaxed, informal demeanor that didn't lack the elegance and charm you would expect to find in such a hotel in the Cotswolds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds