Having spent 2 nights at the 'Award Winning Hotel' I felt the need to review my experience. Firstly, the spa, I must admit I was disappointed that there was no outdoor hot tub as shown in some of the hotel's advertising material. These are only available if you choose to book a Hot tub suite or cottage. The hydrotherapy pool was luke warm and the jets of water coming out of the Jacuzzi beds were cold! I overheard other people commenting on this too whilst I was there. The seated Jacuzzi area of the pool was not working at all! No notice to that effect displayed anywhere, and no mention of it from the receptionist. In the changing rooms there were no bags available to put ones wet swimwear. One of the showers did not have shower gel or shampoo for the two days I was there. When enquiring as to whether we could have a hot drink in the spa, we were told 'no' there was only water available from the water dispenser. We later found out from the spa manager, that we could have used the 'Quietude' room and had a hot drink brought over from the hotel. This information was not forthcoming; I was not even aware of this room until I had received a treatment on the second day and was taken there afterwards for a cup of water. Even then, no-one told me that this room was available for use at any time. Having said that, the treatment I received from Tracy was excellent. She was very professional and informative. My friend also received an excellent treatment and was so impressed that she purchased the skincare products used. The hotel; we had paid for a room upgrade, and were therefore disappointed that, after settling down one evening to watch a DVD, our DVD player wouldn't work. I tried to ring down to reception on the internal phone, but without success. The phone kept dialling but no-one answered. Eventually, I rang on my mobile! We were told the next day that the phone wasn't charged. It most certainly was! As the maintenance guy was unable to fix the DVD we were offered a room across the hall to go & watch the DVD and even move to for that night. The food in the Grill was average, I had to return my Eggs Benedict on the second morning as the Hollandaise sauce was just like eating vinegar! On the plus side, all the staff I came into contact with were very friendly and helpful. It is a lovely little hotel, and I did enjoy my break, but I probably wouldn't consider going back there for a Spa break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds