We booked two nights at this hotel via Groupon and stayed late October 2013. We arrived late on a Sunday and were greeted by a friendly receptionist who showed us to our room.
Room - The room itself was clean, tidy and had some little extras which other hotels really need to take note from. Such as a cafetiere, proper coffee and fresh milk in the fridge. Bottled water and cookies were also waiting for us when we arrived. As they say, it's the little things. The bed was really comfy and we both slept really well. The bathroom was nice but not the best. The TV in the bathroom was a nice touch, if only it worked properly. We had the same problem with the TV in the bedroom. Don't get me wrong, we were not on a spa break to watch TV but it would be nice to have the option.
Food - The Grill was fantastic as were the waiters. We loved the food! If the Italian restaurant down the road was open on a Monday we would have gone there but were happy to eat at The Grill again on our second night.
Spa - Sorry guys, this is really letting you down. I can't complain about the Staff, they are really lovely and my back massage was fantastic. If you want to go for treatments then this would probably suit you. If you are like us and love saunas, pools, steam rooms etc then go some where else. We thought the hydrotherapy pool was nice and a good temperature. Around the hydrotherapy pool there are some loungers, but not many. Luckily it wasn't too busy when we went. The steam room wasn't working which was a real disappointment. As much as I love relaxing and time in a spa, there is only so much hydrotherapy pool and lying down on a lounge chair you can do. The ladies changing room was clean and tidy and the shower was good. But the room itself is too small. You really are changing on top of each other.
On the whole a lovely couple of days away and we fell in love with Chipping Campden. I am only writing the above negatives as I really think this place has potential. Hotel and staff were great, spa not quite there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds