I booked through Mr and Mrs Smith, received free bottle of Louis Dornier champagne, which was already floating in tepid water. On arrival we had been upgraded to the Loughborough garden suite, I had booked a hot tub cottage anyway, only difference is an open fire, which on entering was clear from the "bonfire smell" and whilst may have provided some ambience if you could tolerate the smoke, when I asked if it would be lit for us, we were advised it could be done however it does have a tendency to smoke the cottage out. The bed was very comfortable, however the room was impossibly warm, and if you are happy to sit on the floor or stand in the bathroom to make-up then there shouldn't be a problem. I booked expecting the "sharing" bath and was most disappointed with the "standard" bathroom considering it is on the same level as the bathroom I think this is seriously missing the point. The hot tub, again still not good enough for the premium price, the outside area was slimy from weather and leaves, and a few tin foil tea lights is not really adequate lighting, leaving it impossible to see the controls, this together with the glass ashtray found in the bottom did detract from this overall experience. Their Bang and Olufsen boast, again disappointing it is outdated and not connected room to room, nor with any ability to play music (CD on the lounge room tv, but who brings CD's these days?) and only bare essentials for channels. A few homemade cookies in the room and tea and cafetiere still for me not going the distance. Whilst the old world charm of the furniture and beams is not lost on me, the standard of cleanliness could be better too. The meal in the informal restaurant was good and the impromptu Mojito was great. Sorry overall good but just not good enough, half the price and this may be hitting its weight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds