My friend and I stayed here for one night a couple of weeks ago; we got a fantastic deal on Travel Zoo which was £99 each and included dinner, bed, breakfast, afternoon tea, a bottle of champagne (waiting in the room on ice!) and £20 each towards the Spa, too good to miss! Am not sure I would have paid the full price without all the extras.
You need to drive around the back of the hotel to get to the car park otherwise you would need to pay to park at the front – advisable to drop your cases off before you drive round, as you have to carry them back through the gardens!
We booked some treatments in the Spa for the morning, and arrived at the hotel around 10.30 – it was too early for us to check in, so we went straight to the Spa which was a fabulous ‘Temple Spa’ – we got changed into our dressing gowns and went for treatments – not cheap. The first one I had was excellent. We then got to use the pool and steam room until they were ready for our next treatments – express pedicure which to be honest, was really not worth the money and we were both disappointed with this one. However, the beauticians were extremely friendly and brought us test samples of products to try whilst we relaxed by the pool. We also took advantage of the cocktail menu and both had a fantastic champagne cocktail. The Spa was set back from the hotel through the gardens.
Our afternoon tea was very nice, served in the Brasserie where we had very nice sandwiches, cakes and scones with clotted cream.
Our room was one of the standard ones, not too large and didn’t have the flashy bathroom or sitting room – but was still nice, the bathroom was small but had a really deep bath and good strong shower. There were a free mini bar (just stocked with soft drinks and a bar of chocolate!) and a coffee making machine alongside the kettle. By the sounds of it, there were some amazing rooms, including separate cottages within the grounds which I would’ve loved to have a look at. The gardens were gorgeous, with lots seating areas and a croquet lawn with big patio.
The evening meal was in the Brasserie and as part of the deal, there was a limited menu to choose from, however we were told that if we wanted to choose from the main menu – we would be given £20 each towards the total, which suited us really well. There wasn’t a huge choice but what we had was very nice and well cooked. The wine was an average price and the Baileys in a big glass!
Breakfast the next morning was in the main restaurant and was excellent – the choice was huge (porridge with whiskey and double cream followed by eggs Benedict!) and waiter service was nice rather than the standard ‘help yourself’ buffet.
Overall it was a lovely – we found the staff all very nice and friendly. The place is amazing (the wedding booked in the next day had a fantastic setting) and the surroundings beautiful. I would recommend it (if you check the offers first!) and would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This award-winning stylish hotel and spa in the heart of Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, will appeal to discerning travellers visiting the Cotswolds, looking for tranquility, sublime comfort, exceptional food and a stunning spa. The contemporary style makes Cotswold House and Spa one of the most admired boutique hotels in the Cotswolds. With an idyllic location, flexible mix of spaces and immaculate service, Cotswold House is the perfect venue for board meetings, away-day training and corporate events. Whatever your plans - whether you're wanting a longer stay to explore the Cotswolds and Stratford-upon-Avon, a romantic weekend away, a well-deserved break in the Cotswolds with family and friends, a Cotswold conference or Cotswold wedding - Cotswold House and Spa is the perfect location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Cotswold House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Hotel Chipping Campden
- Cotswold Chipping Campden
- Cotswold House Hotel & Spa Chipping Campden, Cotswolds