“Excellent, customer service as it should be !”

The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

From the moment my mother and I walked through the door to the moment we left nothing was too much trouble. We arrived after pre notifying the hotel that it was my mothers hotel where we was greeted by a lovely girl who would serve us both dinner and breakfast. On a pre completed concierge form I asked for flowers in the room for my mothers 70th birthday, unfortunately due to a booking error these were not in the room but that was our only disappointment of the whole trip. A birthday card was in the room awaiting us and because of the lack of flowers we were offered free drinks and dinner as am apology, by the most loveliest of staff.

The room was lovely as too was dinner and breakfast, in fact the meals were faultless. The staff were genuinely friendly and courteous. I would recommend this lovely hotel, with excellent staff, to everyone. I will defiantly stay again, it was overwhelming, thumbs up!!

Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Moved here last minute when a reservation nearby fell through. Nice room. Great breakfast. Helpful staff. Stayed in cottage and everything was great except the bed was a bit low and hard for my taste. Would love to come back here again and stay longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've been staying here for thirty years and wasn't sure I would like the switched over bar and dining room but I have to say I think it has enhanced the hotel. The dining room is beautifully decorated and the modern bar adds a nice contrast. Bedrooms are nicely furnished and of a good size too. Dinner and breakfast were excellent and we'll be back again soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just returned from a lovely one night stay at The Kings Hotel. Booked a deal for cocktails, dinner, bed and breakfast that was very good value. We found parking to the rear of the hotel easily although I can see this could be a problem if the hotel and town were busy. We tried to check in at 2.30pm but they told us to come back at 3pm (official check in time) without even checking if our actual room was ready which seemed strange. It was fine though as we enjoyed a walk around Chipping Campden. The room we stayed in was lovely and spacious (203) with a good view of the town square and it also had a King sized bed and large TV. We had a fantastic dinner in the restaurant. It really was the highlight of our stay. Good quality food served in a lovely room. The breakfast selection was good. The main issue I discovered in the morning was a really awful shower. There was a trickle of water and I had to give up. The hair dryer provided was also very sticky to touch and looked very dirty. Overall, a really lovely hotel (just minor issues that could easily be sorted or different in another room) and I hope to be back soon.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Saturday dinner in the brasserie. A pleasant enough atmosphere but the food was fairly average and the menu was the daytime one. We were surprised there were no specials for the evening. The steak was ok, it came with over-size potato wedges which were slightly undercooked, one grilled mushroom, one grilled tomato and four onion rings. A bit uninspiring for £18.50. Staff were pleasant but sadly the food was not good enough to make us likely to return.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A beautiful day, a wonderful occasion, a perfect venue. Matt, married his long term significant other, Clare in early October. The hotel and church were within walking distance of each other so the bride and the groom enjoyed the attention and admiration of the people and visitors to Town. The weather was a perfect autumn day, sunny and warm. (Thank you Kings for arrangement that.)The wedding party and guests took over the Kings Hotel. The facilities there could not have been better and the staff were warm, friendly, helpful and attentive. We made the most of the lovely weather and sat in the gardens, and outside seating, a little haven. The wedding breakfast went smoothly and the food was delicious. The evening was extremely lively and was enjoyed by all. The buffet was varied and so tasty. Everyone was happy with their accommodation, which was everything you would expect. Congratulations to the bar, kitchen and the staff behind the scenes for all their hard work and perfect timing the whole weekend. Totally recommend Kings for your stay in the Cotswolds. Thank you Matt and Clare. Every happiness to you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Myself and my friend stayed in this quaint hotel in the centre of Chipping Campden recently and I cannot recommend it enough. We stayed in the gorgeous cottages in the rear of the property in the feature suite, which was decorated exceptionally with wooden high beams and exposed brick walls. The room we stayed in also had a fabulous rain dance shower and also a bath in the middle of the room.

The room also included everything we needed for a weekend away including luxury toiletries, hair-dryer, tea and coffee making facilities and a booklet containing information about the local area which I thought was very helpful and a nice added touch.

I would recommend dining in the hotel at either the restaurant or the Brasserie. We ate in the restaurant which features antique tables and mix and match chairs with an a warm and welcoming atmosphere thanks to the friendly staff.

I will definitely be planning another trip back to this hotel :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh
Buckland Manor
Buckland Manor
#1 of 6 in Broadway

Been to The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden? Share your experiences!