“excellent new year again”

The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
Reviewed 8 January 2014

this was the third new year we have had at this hotel. all three visits were perfect. brilliant staff and the food was exceptional. we had a room in the cottages at the rear of the hotel, the room we had was called brockley, it was one of the best rooms we have ever had. it had a walk in shower with over head spray and a flexible spray, i would recommend this room.

Room Tip: as i said the brockley is a beatiful room.
1  Thank micklind

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I ate here with my partner and friends for dinner and was pleasantly surprised by how great the food was. The ambience of the restaurant is lovely and the food could not be faulted other than to say it was not big enough as I wanted more!
After dinner, we sat in the bar which is a lovely atmosphere to enjoy a drink.
Our friends were staying at the hotel and their room was spacious and overlooked the high street. I am a local, but if I wasn't, I would stay here for definite.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: 103 o9r maybe it was 105 - lovely
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

There's a mismatch here. The Kings Hotel is welcoming, well managed, offers better-than-average food, and is perfectly located at the centre of a delightful Cotswold village. The problem is that it promotes itself as if it were a grand and luxurious former coaching hotel in a county town. In fact it consists of two conjoined Georgian town houses, and so lacks the space and plenitude one would expect. The seating in the bar is not sufficient to accommodate all the guests, the car park is not quite large enough, and crucially there is no separate lounge room for relaxing and reading. The open fireplaces remain unlit, even in midwinter, and the carpets are past their prime and the bedrooms tend to the austere. It's a shame, because if initial expectations were not so inflated then it might well seem rather good.

Room Tip: In bygone days when there was a sheep market in the square outside you would not have wanted a front...
1  Thank Colour-Professor
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We had a lovely Christmas at Kings.Mulled wine and chestnuts after Midnight mass. All the meals were fantastic and the staff are all charming. The rooms are nicely decorated . We hope to return next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

From the moment my mother and I walked through the door to the moment we left nothing was too much trouble. We arrived after pre notifying the hotel that it was my mothers hotel where we was greeted by a lovely girl who would serve us both dinner and breakfast. On a pre completed concierge form I asked for flowers in the room for my mothers 70th birthday, unfortunately due to a booking error these were not in the room but that was our only disappointment of the whole trip. A birthday card was in the room awaiting us and because of the lack of flowers we were offered free drinks and dinner as am apology, by the most loveliest of staff.

The room was lovely as too was dinner and breakfast, in fact the meals were faultless. The staff were genuinely friendly and courteous. I would recommend this lovely hotel, with excellent staff, to everyone. I will defiantly stay again, it was overwhelming, thumbs up!!

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Moved here last minute when a reservation nearby fell through. Nice room. Great breakfast. Helpful staff. Stayed in cottage and everything was great except the bed was a bit low and hard for my taste. Would love to come back here again and stay longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've been staying here for thirty years and wasn't sure I would like the switched over bar and dining room but I have to say I think it has enhanced the hotel. The dining room is beautifully decorated and the modern bar adds a nice contrast. Bedrooms are nicely furnished and of a good size too. Dinner and breakfast were excellent and we'll be back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chipping Campden
#4 of 6 in Broadway
White Hart Royal Hotel
White Hart Royal Hotel
#1 of 3 in Moreton-in-Marsh

Been to The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden? Share your experiences!