“An absolute delight”

Campden Coffee Company
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A cosy coffee shop set in a beautiful old mill with indoor and outdoor seating. Serving a range of hot and cold drinks including smoothies and fresh teas, delicious homemade cakes, cooked breakfasts and light lunches. Licensed, dog friendly.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

On a sunny Saturday in the North Cotswolds we were looking for somewhere for elevens's in Chipping Campden. Having walked into 3 places and back out again, it was an absolute delight to re-visit the Campden Coffee Company on the ground floor of the old mill. Rebexca has made some changes since taking over and they are all for the better. Toast, using superb French baked bread plus delicious coffee - a great combination. So nice too that Rebexca is supported by lovely staff. Next time we'll save time and go straight to the CCC.

Rebexca, Owner at Campden Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you liked it so much, it means a lot when customers are so happy!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We've been regular visitors to the Campden Coffee Co, and have now been a couple of times under the new management. What a change....what used to be interested and interesting staff are now typical "Saturday girls", what was once exceptional coffee is now ordinary, and what has happened to the unique atmosphere? Shame.....we'll be looking elsewhere.

Rebexca, Owner at Campden Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

I'm not sure that it's okay insult a person's character if it's in the guise of a 'helpful review'. The odd thing about this review is that the Saturday girls and the coffee are the only things that have not been changed! Given the number of compliments I receive for the coffee every day, I have no plans to change it.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Campden Coffee Company is really about coffee and it remains the best place in Campden to find satisfying gourmet coffee. Interesting bean blends and excellent flavours. A range of quite special and all homemade cakes if you are that way inclined. I came here recently for lunch and service was slow and all credit to Rebecca the proprietor for taking my complaint very seriously. It is clear that the heart and sole of this welcoming cafe is about good coffee and for that Chipping Campden and everyone who visit the town can be thankful!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a really delightful cafe, the coffee is excellent and the service is great, its a bit hidden away but worth seeking out as it has everything you could ask for including Fred the dog, but best of all has to be the raspberry and chocolate flapjacks - I may get to try other things over time but they are delicious and took a detour today to have another.

I divide my time between the Cotswolds and Shoreditch, having moved office from Bloomsbury and I've settled on 2 cafes in the Cotswolds I really like - this and one in Cirencester which I'd name if I could only remember it - both have home made food and really good coffee - they stack up with Beas of Bloomsbury and that for anyone who knows Beas is high praise.

Its also really great to be able to go to a cafe in a tourist town that feels modern in an arty way, its not touristy, the customers each time I was in have been youngish professionals or couples, the sofas are comfy, its friendly with a really nice atmosphere and very different to the usual tourist fair.

Rebexca, Owner at Campden Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you so much for your review! It's so rewarding when people enjoy my baking. I hope you'll come again!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I visited here a few weekends ago and had the most lovely time! Rebecca is a very welcoming host and I absolutely adore Fred the dog! You can tell all the food is 100% homemade - we only had the carrot cake but it was delicious. It really feels like a home from home! I'm very much looking forward to another visit this weekend and to see the complete refurb. Cant wait!

Rebexca, Owner at Campden Coffee Company, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you so much, that is a lovely review! And exactly the environment I try to create. So glad you like it.