“Weekend break”
Review of The Bakers Arms

The Bakers Arms
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Bakers Arms is a traditional Cotswold Country Pub situated in the picturesque village of Broad Campden only 1 mile from Chipping Campden in Gloucestershire serving real ale and good food.
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We called in at The Bakers for an evening meal. The staff were friendly and helpful. Very good choice of meals on the menu at reasonable prices. I had rump steak which was cooked exactly as requested, it was delicious. My husband had the sausage and mash with vegetables which he said was really tasty. Did have to wait a while but everything was cooked from fresh and was worth waiting for.

We would definitely call in again when down in the area

1  Thank MARGARET K

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great, friendly pub. Food was good value and wholesome portions. Lots of real ales to choose from and staff and locals made myself, wife and daughter very welcome.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We were staying down the road at the malt house and they recommended it. We popped in for a drink mid afternoon and had a nice chat with the owner, nice and friendly.
Our table was reserved and I'm glad it was reserved since we saw several disappointed folk when the place was busy. There was live music on which added to the cosy ambience. We both had steaks, nicely cooked.
I'd recommend this pub, but book a table just to make sure.

1  Thank honeycat2307
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I have been eating at The Baker's for the past 12 months, a friendly, cosy pub with excellent food. Very good choice of menu, sometimes a longer wait, but cooked from fresh and well worth it. I have introduced many friends to The Baker's who have all really enjoyed their meals and return on a regular basis.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Frankly I'm surprised to see favourable reviews. We were singularly unimpressed with the food; in fact, the kindest word I can find for the broccoli & stilton soup (which costs a fiver!) is "disgusting" and it was also tepid!

At these prices, I'd expect some table service and food approaching average in reasonable portions! On the day we visited, it was quite clear that several people were also dissatisfied for various reasons.

I would certainly not visit again.