“Really good, definitely worth a visit”
Review of The Campden Pantry - CLOSED

The Campden Pantry
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Campden Pantry offers a wide range of Home made foods, quiche, tarts, scones, gourmet rolls and tortes are made on the premises daily, we are just launching our ice-cream milkshake bar and winstones organic dairy ice-cream. Afternoon cream tea is available mostly on the weekend days and food is made fresh to order.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Having called in for morning coffee,we were so impressed we went back for lunch. Great freshly made sandwiches and exceptional sausage rolls and the owner who I believe was named dean was so friendly I thought I had known him for years.as was all the staff.very reasonable prices,will definitely call again and highly recommend a visit

1  Thank 22,127
There are newer reviews for The Campden Pantry

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having recently visited The Cotswolds, a companion and I saw this delightful looking café with it's attractive frontage, and thought that we would pop in for a coffee. It was delightful and we had a super sausage roll, which obviously contained sausage meat, a well as herbs, tomato and parmesan ( if my memory serves me correctly ), the guys behind the counter were super friendly, and my what a wonderful collection of goods they sold in the café, mouthwatering! If I return to Chipping Camden, which I hope I do, I'll be in the café like a shot!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We don't understand the last reviews we have just read. We couldn't have happier with the quality of the food and very attentive service we revived last weekend. The kids loved the great sandwiches and we had delicious quiche and salad. The cream teas were very enjoyable. Freshly made scones every day with lashings of cream and jam finished off a great experience. The small courtyard garden was very Cotswold pretty. Thank you, we will be back in the autumn. Highly recommended

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I hope the staff at The Campden Pantry were just having an off day when I visited recently as previous reports I have read seem to be all very positive. The lovely lady who took our order delivered the drinks in record time however we waited patiently for 40 minutes for our sandwich and ploughmans. The staff kept coming over to apologise for the delay but the food did not materialise. Eventually we had to leave and go somewhere else. When we paid for our drinks we were told that they were short staffed in the kitchen. All they needed to do was tell us when we placed the food order that there would be a delay and the likely timeframe. Its a delightful cafe in a perfect location but there is a lot of competition so please get your act together Campden Pantry.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went to this coffee shop with visitors as I had been advised they sold the best coffee in the village. We ordered coffees and tea alongside a sausage roll, piece of cake and a scone with jam and cream. We got our food and after waiting about half an hour I called out to the person in the kitchen and he came out telling us for the next few minutes the reasons why he had totally forgotten our drinks - we were not impressed with the coffee either when we got it - it was OK. Add to that the scuffle of either a mouse or rat that ran across the patio where we were sitting and I decided there were much nicer places to eat with future visitors.

Campden-Pantry, Owner at The Campden Pantry, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hi Saxyannie,

Thank you for your review. As a rule I wouldn't normally respond but on this occasion I thought it only fair.

Hands up, I admit I completely forgot about your drinks order, in fact I said as much when I came outside to apologise but also to explain that I had swapped from front of house to go to the kitchen & hadn't updated my colleague with your order.

As for the 'scuffle???' I had no idea about that but I would of appreciated it if you had mentioned it when settling your bill. Now I have been made aware I shall take appropriate action.

I'm disappointed you won't be visiting us again but wish you well on your choice of eaterie when you next visit Campden.

Best Dean