“The reviews don't do it justice !!!”
Review of Lygon Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipping Campden
Lygon Arms Hotel
Reviewed 21 October 2007

My wife and I have just returned home from a 4night/5 day stay at The Lygon Arms Hotel in Chipping Campden (not to be confused with the Lygon Arms Hotel in Broadway !!).
After a slight hiccup with our room on arrival (our fault,not theirs !!), I asked if we could be moved to another room. Nothing was too much trouble and we were moved within 2 hours of our request. We spent the next three nights in one of the upper courtyard rooms which was absolutely delightful. It was spotlessly clean, extremely comfortable and full of Cotswolds charm.
The quality of the food at the hotel is excellent, but beware the big portions ! They certainly believe in giving you value for money. The breakfasts are superb. A Lygon Arms Full English will set anybody up for the day !!
We would thoroughly recommend this hotel as a base for touring the Cotswolds.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tex781
There are newer reviews for Lygon Arms Hotel

Reviewed 22 September 2007

I have just spent 4 nights at the Lygon Arms chosen by my company, so that I can attend a course at Campden and Chorelywood Food Reasearch Estab. My room was beautiful and overlooked the courtyard. I arrived quite late, (21.20) and nothing was too much trouble. The choice on the menu's did not do justice to the served dish. Fantastic homemade, and cooked to order, well worth waiting for. Breakfasts are something else. All staff were happy and helpful (well done to the proprietors) I really enjoyed my stay, only one small 'grump' .... flys in the main bar.

Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank HampshirePompey_fan
Reviewed 10 September 2007

I chose the Lygon Arms based on the good reviews here, and was really pleased. All the positive reviews are true. The ladies who run it are friendly, helpful, and fun to talk with.

My superior room on the second floor, facing the street, was spacious, stylishly decorated, with a high- beamed ceiling, and large elegant bathroom. The bed was super-comfortable, and there is a coffee maker and fridge in the room. The street was quiet at night, and no noise from other rooms came in.

The breakfast is a huge, full English breakfast, cooked to order. I didn't want bacon, so they offered me extra saugage. I only drank in the bar ( I kept food in the refrigerator, and ate in the room), but the food others ordered looked fabulous, with huge portions. As far as I could see, service was excellent, with some folks making special requests.

I strongly recommend this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank Mike-Wiesner
Reviewed 5 September 2007

My boyfriend bought me away to the Lygon Arms for a birthday surprise and I can't think of a bad word to say about it. The room was stunning and the jacuzzi bath exceptional. It also had nice touches like a DVD player in the room and a list of DVDs which could be ordered and bought up to your room for free. There's not an awful lot to do in Chipping Campden apart from wandering around looking at how pretty it is and stopping for cake (there is a brilliant tea room about 3 doors down from the hotel called the Bantam Arms that sells lots and lots of cake. As you can probably guess I am a BIG fan of cake and this place is definitely worth stopping at!) We stayed in one of the courtyard rooms which as well as being really pretty offer lots of privacy. The staff are friendly and helpful without being intrusive. We also ate in the bar downstairs which was reasonably priced and the food was excellent. Breakfast (which was included) can be bought to your room or eaten in the breakfast room opposite the courtyard rooms. Again, the food was brilliant and there was a big selection to choose from as well as very cheerful chatty staff serving. Can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sparklymonkeys
Reviewed 20 August 2007

We stayed at the Lygon Arms in July. I could highly recommend
this hotel. The room was perfect, beautifully decorated, spacious with plasma tv and internet..
Huge bathroom. The room we had was on the first floor looking over the main street.
The breakfast was superb cooked to order and without a doubt the best in our stay in the UK. Sandra, who I think is the owner was extremely pleasant and made our stay there memorable. We have already recommended the hotel to friends. Chipping Campden is a delight and a must see if at all possible.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Sienna54
Reviewed 16 July 2007

We had lunch yesterday at this hotel. There were 8 of us although two were already eating when we arrived. The big problem with this place is the inexperience of the supervisor behind the bar. She is young and clearly out of her depth. She has an attitude problem I suspect because people are always complaining. We waited over an hour for our food and she became very defensive and said she had told us there would be a delay (which was true but she did not say an hour, we would not have waited if we had known this). There was no offer of a free bottle of wine just a sour face. Chipping Campden is lovely but I fear they are resting on their laurels and our friends from the States will be horrified by the lack of service and dont care attutide. We stayed at the Noel Arms overnight and that was better although it was overpriced for what it was. When is the Coswolds going to realise that people just wont come if they have bad service, overpriced rooms and attitude problems

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank Maisie11
Reviewed 21 June 2007

Lygon arms is on High Street in Chipping Campden very near the center of this very small town.

The rooms were well decorated, clean and overall comfortable, although our room was dead center of the hotel on the second floor and heated up during the day as it got the west sun. As it was very warm, the management provided us with a fan, but it should be standard in that room. Even with that, the room was very nice and had many interesting open beams and views of the older structure. Yet, it still had an immaculate bathroom (truly, one of the most attractive and well kept of our two week trip) and conveniences such as a small refrigerator and high speed internet access.

Any location in Chipping Campden is great for a holiday in the Cotswolds. We easily hiked several miles along the Cotswold Way from the Lygon Arms with ease.

The restaurant and pub below served excellent food at prices that might be a little high. The overall feel of the hotel was a cross between rustic and modern. I understand that is a contradiction, but Lygon Arms appeared still trying to define what it wanted to be. It had a quaint pub with locals enjoying the food and drink, but high prices and more polished food presentation, uniforms, etc, that one might see at more modern facilities. The major drawback was that there was no non-smoking section in the pub (this will change in 09/2007) The breakfast room (also excellent) was served with equal flair.

I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank linus2
#1 of 6 in Broadway
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
#2 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to Lygon Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!