“Dog Friendly start of the Cotswolds Way”
Review of Lygon Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipping Campden
Lygon Arms Hotel
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A great start to our Cotswolds Way holiday. We had a lovely courtyard room which was great for the dogs. Walk in shower en-suite, king size bed, very comfortable. The pub food and beer was excellent, recommend the Fish and Chips and the breakfast was one of the best of our trip. They also allowed us to leave our car behind the hotel for 10 days.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms for dog lovers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ankhman
There are newer reviews for Lygon Arms Hotel

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here in one of the delux rooms in the courtyard for our wedding anniversary. The room was nice, clean and well maintained, but nothing special. The staff were polite and friendly, but it was a basic service and it did feel like we were staying at a pub rather than a hotel. Despite them knowing we booked to celebrate our anniversary, it was never mentioned and no extra effort was made. Overall it was a nice stay, but the £155 we paid for the room we felt was expensive. We would have happily paid £100 for the room, but that would be the maximum given the standard of room and service you get. The Willow resteraunt in the town is well worth a visit..

3  Thank Mike C
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a night at the Lygon Arms, Chipping Campden where the service could not have been bettered.
All the staff bent over backwards for us, we were quite a large group and the service we all received was exemplary! The food was stunning, roast beef to die for, the only slight complaint I had was that the breakfast looked so fantastic but I was not able to eat it as I was still recovering from the fabulous food the night before.
I would thoroughly recommend staying at the Lygon Arm's to anyone wanting great food and great personal service. Thank you to all at the Lygon Arms!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Richard R
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just back from the Lygon arms and really had a lovely time. Our room was beautiful, quiet and a very relaxing weekend away even for a bank holiday. The service from the staff was excellent. Yes some of them are not English but they go out of their way to serve you. The food in the Great Hall was beautiful and also breakfast was plenty. We had a lovely weekend and really relaxed and could not fault the hotel. The staff, the food and the character of the hotel is amazing.
One down side for us was the Spa treatments, which I understand is not run by the hotel. We booked the spa weekend with 2 x 1 hour treatments for my husband and I. These were Decleor facial and massage. I have these treatments all the time and I am also a trained Decleor therapist. Sadly the girl who did my facial was not trained in Decleor and the facial was not very good.. Not the girls fault but the fact that they have to bring agency girls in when busy. Also my husband and I both had treatments that did not last 1 hour. Again the girls are trying to fit in more customers and get their rooms ready. My facial actually was only 45 mins. It left a bad feeling for me as I know how good the decleor treatments can be . So I did mention when leaving to reception and once again they were amazing and refunded my facial and were just so helpful. I didn't ask for a refund, I just wanted them to know the girl was not trained in Decleor.
The manager of the hotel is certainly doing something right as the staff are all well trained.

Room Tip: Go for the main house
1  Thank murrayuk
Reviewed 3 May 2014

In response to the prominent sign outside on Saturday saying we are serving food ALL DAY in our bar and restaurant, my wife and I entered at 2.50pm to be told we stopped doing food at 2.30PM. Strage but true.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here overnight. I mistakenly booked this hotel, but we couldn't have been happier with the result. Chipping Camden is a lovely place and well worth a visit. The hotel was lovely. The staff were very friendly. We had a courtyard room which was spacious, comfortable and well equipped. The bar area in the hotel was cosy, and I was able to enjoy afternoon tea and a cake, while my husband enjoyed a beer. The breakfast was tremendous and there was a huge choice. I particularly enjoyed the porridge, but the full English was more than my husband could manage and we don't get to say that very often!!
There was free wifi in the room, and parking was available on the street and also a few spaces behind the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone taking a trip to the Cotswolds, and look forward to returning there myself, intentionally this time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunseekerLichfield
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The Lygon Arms in chipping campden is a fantastic place. We held a reunion there and the staff could not do enough for any of us, the buffett they supplied was great. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Next time we are in the area we will definatley stay there again great friendly people.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
#1 of 6 in Broadway
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
The Kings Hotel Chipping Campden
#2 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to Lygon Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!