“100% recommend this b&b”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipping Campden
Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast
Castleton, United Kingdom
“100% recommend this b&b”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I had single occupancy of a double en-suite room at Stonecroft and I can 100% recommend it to anyone. We were a group of about 15 walkers staying at various places around the town and I think I got very lucky!!
From the moment I arrived Roger and Lesley couldnt have been more helpful - without being 'in your face'. Roger carried my bag up to the room for me and explained where everything was - in the b&b and in the town. I really can't understand one reviewer's comment about the carpet! It looks lovely and would you go upstairs in your own house with muddy shoes on?? Why do it in a b&b?
I really liked the fact that I could order my breakfast in the morning (which is what we do at our b&b in the Peak District!). It is one of my pet hates to have to order breakfast the previous afternoon. Roger was also very accommodating about breakfast time - it was my choice really, what a luxury!
There was a good array of cereals, tinned and fresh fruit, then I had bacon (lovely - British not Danish) and scrambled egg (beautifully light and fluffy) with wholemeal toast and proper cafetiere coffee. I felt very relaxed, not at all rushed. The communal table was good for me as I had very interesting chats with 3 different sets of guests on the 3 mornings I was there.
My room was spotlessly clean with a very good shower, a good selection of toiletries and clean towels every day. The bed was exceptionally comfortable with crisp white linen. I slept like a baby!! The room was cleaned beautifully each day.
Stonecroft is a modern house with good double glazed windows so although my room was on the front of the house it was very very quiet. I think it is a fairly quiet road anyway.
There is a fantastic garden at the side and back of the house which would have been lovely to sit out in if it had been a little warmer!!
The one small niggle (although not enough to take a away my 5* rating) is that, to boil the kettle, I had to put it on the floor. It would be nice to have a table, maybe with an extension as it could be difficult for some less mobile guests (and I'm 62!)
All in all a very relaxing weekend and, if I was returning to Chipping Campden, I would head straight for Stonecroft.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Martha H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I recently stayed for one night at Stonecroft and was very pleased. The B&B is so close to the main street however you feel like you are in a quite nieghbourhood area. Perhaps the thing that impressed me the most was the size of the room and bathroom. My friends and I stayed in quite a few B&B's during our UK trip and Stonecroft was the only one where I didn't feel squashed or cramped. I felt like I was in my own bathroom at home with plenty of space. The hosts were lovely and gave me lots of useful information about the local area. As for the other reviewer's comments about carpet colour - off course, as with your own house, you want to take care of the carpet!! I didn't need to take off my shoes as it had been quite dry but would have certainly done so as a common courtesy as I would in anyone's home for any carpet colour. I was going to stay in Painswick but am extremely glad that I stayed at Stonecroft in Chipping Campden - much more interesting area and great value for money. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Anne L
Flat Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Pleasant stay at The Stonecroft. Rooms are clean and comfortable but a little cramped. Breakfast was great. Staircase to upstairs rooms are narrow and steep. No help in getting the luggage to rooms, a little offputting for 70+ year olds. Location to city center is outstanding!

Room Tip: Rooms are upstairs.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My Wife and I stayed with another couple for two nights recently. The stay was just OK - nice hosts and good hearty breakfast but the rooms were just adequate and there was not a common area other than the kitchen table. Also, the owners recently installed new carpeting and it is a light bone color. As a result, there are signs requesting you remove your shoes upon entering the first floor (bedrooms are upstairs). This was an annoyance and darker indoor/outdoor carpet would have been a better choice to handle the traffic that goes through a B&B.

The location is a few blocks from the main street in Chipping Campden, which was nice but you can walk the sites in an hour or two. The main pubs/restaurants (Eight Bells and Lygon Arms) are very average. If we had to do it all over again, we would stay in Stow - the sites are on par but Stow has better restaurant choices and much more shopping. For example, we had a great lunch at Old Butchers in Stow and it was far superior to the meals we had at the Eight Bells Pub in Chipping Campden. Overall, Chipping Campden is very cute and we recommend that you visit it but it can be covered in an afternoon max. We suggest you use Stow as base instead.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rojuko99
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed for 1 night and was very impressed by our room which was very clean and spacious. Very close to the High Street which is most convenient but no noise during the night. Had a very comfortable stay followed by a nice breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2011

We loved staying in Chipping Campden and Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast just added to the experience. The owners were very friendly, accommodating and helpful with guiding us to places we might like to visit. Breakfast was delicious and filled us up, ready for our daily adventures. They even informed us of a wonderful coffee shop which made 'Flat White' coffees, just like home. The room was amazing, the location was perfect - just a short walk to the town centre. You couldn't ask for anything more! The only downside was that there wasn't wifi and phone reception wasn't great, but that probably comes with the area. We loved it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JamesandDebbie
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Chipping Campden is certainly is the recommended town to stay in while in the Cotswolds, and we found the B&B to be fabulously well located (once we found it, which took a while, as no address is on the website or anywhere, for some reason). The garden is lovely, the street is lovely too, and there is access to the famous walking paths from across the street, down the street, all over really. I had wonderful morning runs from this B&B. It's a very short walk to St James' Church, one of the largest and most picturesque in the Costwolds, and it's an easy drive from Chipping to almost anywhere (no cell service, however). The B&B is homespun, with the owners actually residing downstairs, which wasn't the case at some of our "B&Bs". We took up all 3 rooms (with the kids using a Jack & Jill bathroom between their rooms), so we really felt like guests. I might not suggest the rooms for very tall or large people because they're in a sloped attic-like upstairs, but for us this was no big deal. The showers worked. Breakfast was good and the owners were friendly and accommodating. If it were a little less expensive, it would be perfect, but I suppose that since this was our only stop where we had 3 rooms, that could explain the high price.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
#2 of 28 in Chipping Campden
Eight Bells Inn
Eight Bells Inn
#6 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!