“Exquisite room in beautiful garden”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipping Campden
Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Exquisite room in beautiful garden”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This Bed and Breakfast is beautiful inside and out. Everything about our room was exquisite and we looked out onto their beautiful garden, which we were encouraged to use. Good English breakfast was provided. Roger and Lesley are quiet, unobtrusive hosts. The location is excellent: a few minutes' walk to the centre of this beautiful town. The whole town is lovely: quaint cottages set in lovely gardens, plenty of thatched roofs, local arts and crafts in nearby Silk Mill and Old Court Barn. Plenty of parking. WiFi excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Harbor Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This B & B is on a quiet street just steps away from the charming village of Chipping Campden. The bedroom is quite small, with a very low ceiling at one end of the room. Bedding was comfortable, the entire house was clean and well appointed. The bathroom and shower, however, were very tight. WiFi access was excellent. Breakfast was unremarkable and monotonous. The garden in the back of the house was beautiful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LouBobHarborSprings
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Pro:
- situated in the center of the village, very close to cafes and restaurants (3 minutes walk), yet in a very quiet street
- very tidy room with enough storage space
- well maintained equipment
- good breakfast with sufficient choice
- friendly hosts

Con:
- quite narrow two person bed
- the mirror hangs awkwardly low

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dimitri C
Chatham, VA
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My friend and I had comfortable room with a beautiful view. Roger and Leslie are wonderful hosts: warm, helpful, yet not pushy. Ideal! Great breakfast! What really sold me was the beautiful
English cottage garden. After a busy day sight -seeing we sat in the garden and listened to the small stream and the birds while surrounded by flowers. It doesn't get any better.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary T
Terneuzen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The B&B is in the village of Chipping Campden. For walkers a very nice place to stay. friendly people. Nice room whith vieuw on the street. Quiet alse. And the brakfest is exelent. the owner and his wife wil help you whith anything you ask. a must on the Cotswold way.

Room Tip: Rooms here are very quiet also on the front site of the house
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank wilfried d
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Spotless room and bathroom.
Excellent breakfast.
Quiet location but only 2 mins to High Street, with plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from.
Wifi available.
Could not be faulted.
Chipping Campden is well situated in the heart of the Cotswolds, close to other lovely villages and towns.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Martin N
Castleton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I had single occupancy of a double en-suite room at Stonecroft and I can 100% recommend it to anyone. We were a group of about 15 walkers staying at various places around the town and I think I got very lucky!!
From the moment I arrived Roger and Lesley couldnt have been more helpful - without being 'in your face'. Roger carried my bag up to the room for me and explained where everything was - in the b&b and in the town. I really can't understand one reviewer's comment about the carpet! It looks lovely and would you go upstairs in your own house with muddy shoes on?? Why do it in a b&b?
I really liked the fact that I could order my breakfast in the morning (which is what we do at our b&b in the Peak District!). It is one of my pet hates to have to order breakfast the previous afternoon. Roger was also very accommodating about breakfast time - it was my choice really, what a luxury!
There was a good array of cereals, tinned and fresh fruit, then I had bacon (lovely - British not Danish) and scrambled egg (beautifully light and fluffy) with wholemeal toast and proper cafetiere coffee. I felt very relaxed, not at all rushed. The communal table was good for me as I had very interesting chats with 3 different sets of guests on the 3 mornings I was there.
My room was spotlessly clean with a very good shower, a good selection of toiletries and clean towels every day. The bed was exceptionally comfortable with crisp white linen. I slept like a baby!! The room was cleaned beautifully each day.
Stonecroft is a modern house with good double glazed windows so although my room was on the front of the house it was very very quiet. I think it is a fairly quiet road anyway.
There is a fantastic garden at the side and back of the house which would have been lovely to sit out in if it had been a little warmer!!
The one small niggle (although not enough to take a away my 5* rating) is that, to boil the kettle, I had to put it on the floor. It would be nice to have a table, maybe with an extension as it could be difficult for some less mobile guests (and I'm 62!)
All in all a very relaxing weekend and, if I was returning to Chipping Campden, I would head straight for Stonecroft.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
#7 of 28 in Chipping Campden
Norton Grounds
Norton Grounds
#12 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!