“Hurray it's back! ”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Hurray it's back! ”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

We visited the previous chefs dozen in Alcester and it was fantastic so we were really happy it's returned and in such a lovely place. We had the £38 four course lunch and it was exceptional. Easily michelin standard. Truly fabulous from start to finish with great service too. We'll be back as soon as possible!

2 Thank Matthew E

“A very good addition to Campden food”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I have never seen a menu like it. The milk bread, home made butter and, can you believe PORK DRIPPING as a spread was amazing. We had the four course menu - wild rabbit ravioli was superb. The blue ray, a skate-type fresh water fish, was beautifully cooked. The deer was tender and tasty. This is a really good addition to the Campden food scene and deserves to prosper.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mike C
Coventry
“Welcome back!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We used to be regulars at the previous incarnation of the chef's dozen when it used to be in Alcester, now it has been re-opened in Chipping Campden and it is as good as ever. For people who don't know much about this restaurant let me tell you a few things about the restaurant and it's reputation when it was situated in Alcester. At it's time of closing around a year ago Chef's dozen was rated number 1 on trip advisor out of hundreds of restaurant's in Warwickshire. There were, I believe 172 trip advisor reviews for the restaurant, 162 of those were 5 out of 5's and the other 10 reviews were 4 out of 5's. Not many places can boast that amount of reviews without a single average or poor rating, even if you look up some of the top michelin star restaurants or 5 star hotels you will find a few bad reviews or complaints. I believe this was down to the cooking talent of Richard the chef in the kitchen and also to Solanche the friendly and hard working front of house. Just like before the food at the new chef's dozen is really good, interesting and relies on local and seasonal ingredients. The menu changes regularly because of this which I believe is a good thing, if you go back, even after a couple of weeks the menu has changed in some way, makes it good for people who like to try different things. The new restaurant is very small but has a nice atmosphere, there is also a nice area to sit outside and have a drink too if the weather permits it. There is a reasonably small but good wine list, also some cocktails, beer and some locally sourced ale's and cider's to choose from. It is not pretentious here at all, there is a really nice and relaxed atmosphere and you are made to feel comfortable, it's all about the food. I hope the reputation of this restaurant grows to the extent that it did before and the chefs dozen get's the trade that it deserves in Chipping Campden, I would definitely recommend people who haven't been yet to go and eat here.

2 Thank Flashbax
Lancashire
“What a find!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were visiting Chipping Campden on the hottest day of the year so far and the outside garden halfway down High Street with a willow tree and tea lights on the tables was very tempting for a sunny evening. We were able to get a table without booking but I don't think that will the case for long as the food is so good. I wasn't sure I would have the appetite for the four course signature menu (3 options for each, hence The Chef's Dozen) but I was very glad my family persuaded me. Excellent, fresh ingredients packed with flavour, beautifully presented. Real quality. Between us, we chose most of the 12 possible options and loved everything. Heartily recommended. Friendly, knowledgeable service and nice to see the Chef briefly " front of house " too.

3 Thank FussyPeeps
London
“Great new find”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had two meals here whilst on holiday in Chipping Campden.
Fabulous food - lovely staff - and amazingly good value.
Check it out - you won't be disappointed.
Andrew Welham