“A cosy stay”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Perton Cottage

Sitting Room
Well equipped kitchen Twin or zip and lock kingsize beds
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Well equipped kitchen
Twin or zip and lock kingsize beds
first floor double bedroom
Staircase from sitting room
Kitchen dining
Bathroom
Bedroom fireplace
View from top bedroom
Garden patio area with table and chairs
Steps up to garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Lois C
“A cosy stay”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I have just had 5 nights with my husband and sister in law staying at Perton Cottage. It's a gorgeous little cottage, very comfortable, good heating and hot water. Having the 2 bathrooms has an added appeal. The location is perfect for getting to many interesting towns in the Cotswolds. Ps. the homemade cake on our arrival was a very welcoming touch.
Thank you Becky, we would have no hesitation in recommending to others.

11 Jan 2017
Thank you so much for all your kind comments. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay.
yogeshkum...
London, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly owner, average cottage nice location”
Reviewed 17 December 2016 for a stay in December 2015

From the very first point of contact I couldn't work out why I was asked to bring my own towels, my own bedding and asked to pay for the minimum 3 night stay when there was only a block of two nights available. It felt as though Rebecca didn't want my wife and I to stay there from the outset - but being Christmas time our options were limited so we decided to book anyway.

The cottage itself was nice and as described but there was a slight musty smell. All in all we did have a very pleasant few days in Chipping Campden which we spent mostly walking and eating out. It's a beautiful place.

If you do decide to book this cottage I would advise you not to leave any dirty dishes in the sink or you may be charged for a plumber to "unblock" it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
8 Jan 2017
Dear Yogesh
It is so sad and upsetting to have an unhappy experience with a guest, especially to hear about it a year after the stay. I want all who visit Perton Cottage to have a wonderful time.
I can remind you that you did not want to pay the full price so since it was short notice I offered to meet your request of a reduced price if you would like to bring bedding, and this you accepted. However in the event I was concerned you might not have super kingsized bedding so provided this for you.
The quote you were sent was only for the two nights as requested.
Finally I am more than happy to load the dish washer for a guest, but unfortunately there is no waste disposal unit in the sink, so when you put coffee grouts, toast and tea bags and all waste down the sink, it caused a blockage. I had to have the plumber out to unblock this. I had never previously withheld any deposit from a guest, and this process is overseen by Tripadvisor who supported the claim.
I would also like to point out that the guests who stayed immediately prior to you and after you both left a five star review.
I am sorry for this upset, but simply ask my guests to treat the cottage with the same respect that they would their own home.
Mike G
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“A lovely cottage in a fantastic location - we didn't want to leave”
Reviewed 29 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

A lovely getaway in this charming Cotswolds town. The booking was straightforward, communication was prompt, the directions were clear, all in all a very easy process.

The cottage itself is charming. The location is spot on being right in the middle of Chipping Campden and close to all restaurants and shops etc. The accommodation has everything you need, comfy beds, a well-equipped kitchen, and a beautiful open fire which we took full advantage of. It was a lovely touch for the owner Becky to have made a delicious apple cake for our arrival!

The Cotswold Way starts a few hundred yards from the front door. We walked to Broadway Tower and then into Broadway itself on our second day. If you want to eat out then you're pretty spoilt here. We ate at Michael's one evening and had Sunday Lunch at the Eight Bells. Both were very good.

I would not hesitate to recommend Perton Cottage for a break in the Cotswolds. Looking forward to returning sometime soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amazing open fire (wish we had one!)
Liked least: Leaving
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Nov 2016
So pleased you had a great stay, Michaels also one of my favourites!
Thank you for the kind words.
Christine...
United Kingdom
“Perfect Cottage in Perfect Location”
Reviewed 24 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The cottage was just wonderful, it is the perfect spot within the town, just a two minute stroll to all the wonderful shops and restaurants.
We chose the top bedroom which was fantastic and the bed very comfy. The kitchen was well equipped and we loved curling up on the sofa in the evening. We had good weather and enjoyed Hidcote and exploring nearby Broadway. We even managed to make the most of the pretty cottage garden. All very clean throughout.
A great break, I hope we can come back some time.

Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Sep 2016
So pleased you had a wonderful time and I would be delighted to welcome you back any time.
Becky
carolineb...
Saint John, Canada
“Good place to stay in the Costwold as long as you know what to expect”
Reviewed 29 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

We stayed in this cottage for one week in early August. It is well appointed and located. The owner was very kind to accommodate our youngest child by adding a lounge chair for her to sleep on. The cottage is heritage so expect steep, narrow stairs and a damp ground floor. I hadn't realized what the layout of the cottage was based on the pictures. On the ground floor, there is a living room and kitchen with everything you may need, on the second, there is the main bedroom (double bed) and a bathroom. On the third, there is a twin bedroom and another renovated bathroom. An older person may have difficulty climbing to the upper floor.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
9 Sep 2016
I am so disappointed by these comments which are unfair and misleading.
The cottage is most certainly not damp. I know when I visited you at the cottage that your elderly and very petite mother was finding our August English summers cool having come from 30 degrees back home in Canada.

I did try to put the heating on for you but unfortunately you had adjusted the controls and broken it so that I had to have the plumber out at my own personal cost to mend.

I'm sorry that you were not happy but I went to great lengths to try and make your stay enjoyable, extra beds, blankets, changing dates, refunding you for altered days in cash.

The layout of the cottage is described in my advert and hopefully lots of pictures to show stairs and bedrooms.
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 27 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the cosyness of the house and its location
Liked least: The absence of the range hood
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children People with pets
9 Sep 2016
So pleased that you had a lovely stay.
Would be a pleasure to welcome you again.
AnGam138
Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Good central location”
Reviewed 26 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

The cottage was well placed for travelling around the Cotswolds. It was very busy during our stay and parking was difficult. We were a little disappointed by there being no downstairs WC because both of the bathrooms upstairs were up very steep stairs. On the plus side the bed was very comfortable.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Aug 2016
Dear Angela
So sorry that you were disappointed by the lack of wc, the description indicates the location of the two bathrooms. Also the stairs are available to view in the various photographs. Such a shame as this is the first time I've had any negative feedback.
Best wishes
Becky
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing