“the cottage was more than expected”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Perton Cottage

Sitting Room
Well equipped kitchen Twin or zip and lock kingsize beds
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Well equipped kitchen
Twin or zip and lock kingsize beds
first floor double bedroom
Staircase from sitting room
Kitchen dining
Bathroom
Bedroom fireplace
View from top bedroom
Garden patio area with table and chairs
Steps up to garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Dutch first
Any
david m
“the cottage was more than expected”
Reviewed 4 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

situated just along the high street the cottage was very clean beds bathrooms both in first class condition all modcons in kitchen a lovely cottage will not be afraid to tell friends to stay at the cottage if visiting the Cotswolds good pubs for food in broadway and snowshill village

5 Apr 2017
Thank you so much David.
I'm pleased you had a great stay. Welcome back any time!
Best wishes
Sue F
“Charming cottage in a perfect location”
Reviewed 4 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

We really enjoyed our stay at Perton Cottage, despite the cold weather! Our holiday was in late Feb, it was only 4 degrees outside when we arrived but the cottage was lovely and warm (the heating system is very efficient!) The cottage was well appointed and spotless. Both bedrooms are a good size. Becky had thought of everything....including a lovely homemade cake left for guests. The location is perfect, two mins walk and you're on the high street....we were spoilt for choice on the numerous high quality restaurants/pubs....and no driving required! Chipping Campden is a picture postcard Cotswold town, all the buildings are in keeping with the charming historic architecture. A walk up Dover's Hill (from the town) is highly recommended for panoramic views across the adjoining counties. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Your age range 50-64
5 Mar 2017
I'm so pleased you have had such a wonderful stay.
It is an absolute pleasure to make all our guests feel so welcome.
Thank you for your kind words.
SamanthaJ...
Phuket, Thailand
“Everything that we had been dreaming of and more!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Words cannot describe how much we enjoyed our stay at Perton cottage.

Having got married the day before, we came to this lovely little cottage as our 'mini moon' and we were just blown away. Becky had gone to such an effort to make the house welcoming, when we walked in we were met with a cute card congratulating us, a delicious lemon drizzle cake and a bottle of bubbly in the fridge! It was amazing and both Danny and I felt very lucky from the moment we stepped foot into the cottage.

Immediately we fell in love with the cozy nature of the cottage, we were both exhausted from the day before so we quickly unpacked and snuggled up in front of the open fire. It felt very much like home from home and we didn't want to leave. Even though we were only there for 5 nights it very quickly felt like it was our home and we could easily have stayed for longer.

Becky was a fantastic host and every time I contacted her regarding more logs or departing the cottage she was fantastic at getting back to me.

I can't recommend the cottage enough and since returning home have been telling everyone about how lovely it is. Not only is it tastefully decorated with everything at your disposal, you are literally in the heart of Chipping Campden with everything on your doorstop. The beautiful town has lovely eateries and good English pubs.

We will definitely be returning!!

11 Jan 2017
And it will be an absolutely pleasure to have you back!
Wishing you both a long and happy marriage.
Becky x
Lois C
“A cosy stay”
Reviewed 10 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I have just had 5 nights with my husband and sister in law staying at Perton Cottage. It's a gorgeous little cottage, very comfortable, good heating and hot water. Having the 2 bathrooms has an added appeal. The location is perfect for getting to many interesting towns in the Cotswolds. Ps. the homemade cake on our arrival was a very welcoming touch.
Thank you Becky, we would have no hesitation in recommending to others.

11 Jan 2017
Thank you so much for all your kind comments. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay.
yogeshkum...
London, United Kingdom
“Unfriendly owner, average cottage nice location”
Reviewed 17 December 2016 for a stay in December 2015

From the very first point of contact I couldn't work out why I was asked to bring my own towels, my own bedding and asked to pay for the minimum 3 night stay when there was only a block of two nights available. It felt as though Rebecca didn't want my wife and I to stay there from the outset - but being Christmas time our options were limited so we decided to book anyway.

The cottage itself was nice and as described but there was a slight musty smell. All in all we did have a very pleasant few days in Chipping Campden which we spent mostly walking and eating out. It's a beautiful place.

If you do decide to book this cottage I would advise you not to leave any dirty dishes in the sink or you may be charged for a plumber to "unblock" it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
8 Jan 2017
Dear Yogesh
It is so sad and upsetting to have an unhappy experience with a guest, especially to hear about it a year after the stay. I want all who visit Perton Cottage to have a wonderful time.
I can remind you that you did not want to pay the full price so since it was short notice I offered to meet your request of a reduced price if you would like to bring bedding, and this you accepted. However in the event I was concerned you might not have super kingsized bedding so provided this for you.
The quote you were sent was only for the two nights as requested.
Finally I am more than happy to load the dish washer for a guest, but unfortunately there is no waste disposal unit in the sink, so when you put coffee grouts, toast and tea bags and all waste down the sink, it caused a blockage. I had to have the plumber out to unblock this. I had never previously withheld any deposit from a guest, and this process is overseen by Tripadvisor who supported the claim.
I would also like to point out that the guests who stayed immediately prior to you and after you both left a five star review.
I am sorry for this upset, but simply ask my guests to treat the cottage with the same respect that they would their own home.
Mike G
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“A lovely cottage in a fantastic location - we didn't want to leave”
Reviewed 29 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

A lovely getaway in this charming Cotswolds town. The booking was straightforward, communication was prompt, the directions were clear, all in all a very easy process.

The cottage itself is charming. The location is spot on being right in the middle of Chipping Campden and close to all restaurants and shops etc. The accommodation has everything you need, comfy beds, a well-equipped kitchen, and a beautiful open fire which we took full advantage of. It was a lovely touch for the owner Becky to have made a delicious apple cake for our arrival!

The Cotswold Way starts a few hundred yards from the front door. We walked to Broadway Tower and then into Broadway itself on our second day. If you want to eat out then you're pretty spoilt here. We ate at Michael's one evening and had Sunday Lunch at the Eight Bells. Both were very good.

I would not hesitate to recommend Perton Cottage for a break in the Cotswolds. Looking forward to returning sometime soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The amazing open fire (wish we had one!)
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
29 Nov 2016
So pleased you had a great stay, Michaels also one of my favourites!
Thank you for the kind words.
Christine...
United Kingdom
“Perfect Cottage in Perfect Location”
Reviewed 24 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The cottage was just wonderful, it is the perfect spot within the town, just a two minute stroll to all the wonderful shops and restaurants.
We chose the top bedroom which was fantastic and the bed very comfy. The kitchen was well equipped and we loved curling up on the sofa in the evening. We had good weather and enjoyed Hidcote and exploring nearby Broadway. We even managed to make the most of the pretty cottage garden. All very clean throughout.
A great break, I hope we can come back some time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
25 Sep 2016
So pleased you had a wonderful time and I would be delighted to welcome you back any time.
Becky
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing