“Outstanding as always”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Chaophraya is tucked away off the main streets of Manchester and is a little gem of a restaurant. The decor is glamorous but warming. The food is exceptional. I never have anything to complain about you don't even realise that the waiting team have cleared glasses etc as they are so discreet and polite. The Chicken Pad Thai is a must if you visit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,938)

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My friends & I often eat here prior to attending the Exchange Theatre & it is always amazingly efficient (without being rushed) and superb value for money as they have a "pre theatre special offer" which includes a beverage (alcoholic or soft). They have even altered part of the restaurant to accomodate theatre goers - fab idea!
The food is always extremely tasty and of a very high quality!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

My husband and I have been to Chaophraya many times and following our most recent meal there on Saturday, I thought i would finally leave a review!

Staff have always been polite, helpful and attentive - although on Saturday perhaps a little too much...our table was cleared whilst we were still finishing the prawn crackers!

Our mains arrived 2 mins later and even though we knew from past experience that Chaophraya were quick dishing each course out, we thought this was a bit too quick, even for us.

All in all, I think we were only there 1hr 15mins so I felt we were being rushed. I think Chaophraya would benefit from slowing the pace down slightly and give people chance to digest their starters before they bring the mains out.

Other than that, the food was amazing as ever and we will definitely return, we will just ask to wait for our mains next time

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The food was good, especially the Lamb curry, but it wasn't amazing. The atmosphere was great but they had the air conditioning on (in March) and we were sat in a really cold spot. It isn't a patch on Ning, which is consistently outstanding.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have been to this restaurant a couple of times before and have always referred to it as one of my favourite places to eat - as I love Thai food and have found it relatively authentic.
However, I recently visited on Valentines day. I never go out to eat on Valentines day as I know that places compromise on service and food because they know that they're going to make a lot of money anyway (or they think that the general public are stupid). This is of course the wrong attitude to have and you would think that restaurants would use special occasions like Valentines day to showcase what they can do - I thought if anywhere would do this it would be Chao Praya. We were very disappointed. The food was cold, late, and of a much lower standard than before. The service was lazy and there were a lot of staff mooching about dragging their heels. Drinks were ordered and not received. We were so annoyed we left halfway through without paying and with it being Valentines day we couldn't go anywhere else. I won't be going back for a long while!

1  Thank PaulineKwiat