“Good pizza, good service”
Review of Pizza Express - CLOSED

Pizza Express
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good pizza, good service”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good standard fare. Very attentive staff. Nothing out of the ordinary, but it's Pizza express and did exactly what it said on the tin. Toilets could do with some attention.

• Visited July 2014

“Very Average ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I frequented this restaurant as a guest and found the staff inattentive, the pizzas well below the quality I have experience at Pizza Expresses in the past. The pasta dish was limp and unappealing and despite only 12 people being in the restaurant the order for coffee never materialised and had to wait ages for the bill. Overall a disappointing experience and I, for one, will not be rushing back.

2 Thank Bedeboy
Manchester, United Kingdom
“My first time to Pizza Express”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I went to Pizza Express on the recommendation of my friends. Six of us went on a Tuesday evening for a get together. The restaurant was quite empty so we were served relatively quickly. I had the Calabrese as a recommendation. My friends call it the Calabrese roulette as the spice level varies from restaurant to restaurant and chef to chef. Mine was disappointingly sparse of main ingredients like sausage and peppers but had an ample amount rocket so not very spicy. The pizza is thin which left me feeling like I should of had a starter as well. I would have been very disappointed to have paid the £12+ for the pizza but luckily one friend had managed to get 40% off our bill which lessened the sour taste!

• Visited June 2014
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Great food but the experience was second to none!!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Booked table for my sisters hen party. I was a fantastic service from the first minute; they were so welcoming, they had no problems with putting up our party decorations. the food was tasty, hot and filling and fantastic value before a night on the tiles. But i cannot commend the service enough Peter and Ian (aka Damien) MADE OUR NIGHT!!!! the laughs kept on rolling. The banter was in full swing and the boys really made sure that my sister (the Bride to be) had a great night. They even recommended the top pubs to go to AND BOOKED OUR TAXI!!!!!!! Finally i would like to say that we all all extremely grateful for the lovely Email sent by Ian. it was really appreciated and we will definitely back!!!!! thank you Amanda.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank amandamccawl
Chiba Prefecture, Japan
“Reliable pizza chain, excellent service”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I used to live in the UK, and went to Pizza Express many times. They're best described usually as reliable and good quality. So why review a chain restaurant? Well, I came here in the evening, and the service was unusually friendly. I mean that in a good way too! Not too fussy, but fast and cheerful.

Nothing unusual menu-wise, nicely executed menu at a fair price, but the staff just did a better job than many places I went on this trip.

One word of warning: at time of writing the TripAdvisor map seems to be directing people to an identically-named street in somewhere called Patricroft several miles away. That's wrong - it's in Manchester city centre and if you Google it you should end up in the right place.

• Visited April 2014