“Great authentic Thai food!”
Review of My Thai Restaurant

My Thai Restaurant
Ranked #124 of 2,499 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Description: A Thai shack in the heart of Manchester, serving affordable Thai food. Leave the pack lunch at home and eat with us!
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

The staff were great, explaining the various dishes to the Thai food noobs in our group. Great selection and cooked how it should be.

1  Thank V1ady

Reviewed 15 August 2016

Having been to My Thai in Bradford and Leeds several times, we thought we would try them, whilst in Manchester for the weekend. And once again we were not disappointed. This place is amazing!! From the moment you walk in, the staff are friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The food is tasty, and authentic. We started with the chicken Satay and Moo Yang grilled marinated Pork on skewer. The balance of flavours is amazing, main course choices were Duck Pad Thai, and Kra Pow Moo Sub (spicy mince pork with holy basil over rice) with a fried egg. Both main courses were excellent and the portions are large!. The best thing after the food is the Price!, no where else in Manchester can you get tasty authentic Thai food for the same price. Well done My Thai another fantastic restaurant., we will be back.

1  Thank Debbi07
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Brilliant value for money, at this fun quirky restaurant, none of your sanitised Thai food here, it bursts with flavours, colours and fresh ingredients, I wasn't a fan of Thai food, but this has totally converted me - the staff are attentive, but not in your face, which makes for a nice relaxing meal ! I will be back ! Highly recommended !

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

Was with my family on a day out in Manchester when we were looking for food and stumbled upon My Thai. Gorgeous wee place, beautifully decorated in a classic chintzy Thai way. Food was especially good, I had the dumplings for starter followed by tamarind duck main and that was beautiful. Family had a mix of curries, the massaman was especially delicious. Decided on a take out too for when I got home and the crispy belly pork krapow was to die for.

Cannot wait to return, it was that good. 5 stars.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Service was okay. Som Tum (green papaya salad was great!) It was a main course however portion is starter portion.

I ordered Spicy Crispy Pork with holy basil. I could not taste any spicy at all, and the crispy pork its dry and hard which my jaw almost gave up after eating for a while. However, i notice in other thai restaurant they will fry their crispy pork in the same way too, as far as I can remember it wasn't that dry.

While my friend ordered egg noddles with yellow curry as it was recommended by another friend, however it was so salty that every person on the table agreed to it. He return the it and they serve a new one by adding more coconut milk, it's still salty however it is better than before.

Will I go back? sadly I won't. There are other better thai restaurant with similar price.