ABode Manchester
  • Room Service
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$112
US$96
  • Free Internet
1,929 results
All reviewsdesirable roommichael cainescafe barjohnny cashparquet flooringoriginal featurespiccadilly stationdvd playerjunior suitehuge bedan upgradefifth floorbasic roomlovely hotelnorthern quarterreception stafffull english
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This was our second stay at the Abode, Manchester. It's a beautiful hotel, sympathetically restored with the some of the comfiest beds we've ever stayed in! The bar and grill is great for food and the staff are all really helpful. we'll definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2011

We stayed here for one night both myself and my fiance. We got a package which was dinner, bed and breakfast.

My fiance was able to check in early and the rooms were a decent size. We had dinner in the Michael Caines restaurant but to be honest the selection as part of the package was limited, however the breakfast the following morning was excellent.

Overall I would stay here again due to it's excellent location.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Having read about the great food, service and atmosphere I was looking forward to staying in this hotel. The room was a cross between minimalist and industrial. The bathroom light in my first room kept going off, so I was moved (upgraded) to a half suite. Sounded nice but as I was by myself the extra room was not much use. There was a Wii, DVD player and large TV in the room, but whoever connected everything failed to explain it to the hotel staff and as it was different brands none of the remotes worked with each other. It took over half an hour with the hotel staff just to find a way to get sound for the TV, I never managed to find out how to get the sound for the Wii. Although clean, and safe, the hotel was not particularly quiet (probably due to its location) and the staff were very helpful, but ineffective. I only ate breakfast so did not try the main restaurant. To me, a good breakfast means coffee fairly quickly and then some warm toast plus whatever else is on offer. Coffee was not quick, and on one day did not arrive until my cooked breakfast turned up. Strangely the toast did arrive quickly but was cold. Overall, as I said in the title, disappointing.

Room Tip: As for a high room (there are only 4 floors) at the back
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
ManchesterGM, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent stay at ABode.
We do have a wonderful reputation in the city so please accept my sincere apologies that our usual high standards were not afforded to you on this particular occasion.
Your comments are noted and I will ensure they are actioned moving forward.

best regards
Sean

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed in the hotel last night and when I went to check in there was a problem with my company credit card. I was made to feel embarrassed and told to sit in reception for an hour until it was sorted out. The service I received in the mc Cafe was equally as poor see my review. Plus point is the bed is lovely but the rooms are noisy

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Fantastic location, helpful staff and wonderful cuisine. Everything was perfect for our weekend break that we booked for our best friends Anniversary. Our friend's were given an upgrade on checking in. What a nice touch ....thank you we will most definately be back!

Room Tip: Recommend an enviable room or even better go 'Fabuloue on the Fifth!!'
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends