“Excellent stay”
Review of ABode Manchester

ABode Manchester
Ranked #21 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Booked for dinner b&b on friday night for £99 for 2 people. Superb friendly reception staff. Dinner was nice but issues with the choice of 3 options for mains and the one we picked not available but no one bothered to tell us but when we complained they gzve us wine for free. Large rooms great shower and just 2 mins walk from piccadilly. Had some lovely cocktails in the champagne bar too. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012
There are newer reviews for ABode Manchester

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Came up for the QPR game and really couldn't fault the place. My room was quiet and clean,the staff were warm,welcoming and very helpful.

Will definitely use again as next season.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Lovely old come modern hotel. Rooms very clean & bathroom huge. Short walk from all the shops & station! Myself & my boyfriend where over for a match & great location from stadium and good lively pubs. The shops where amazing & there was a lovely market on near by too.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I've stayed at Abode in Chester several times - a modern stylish hotel. I was expecting the same in Manchester - but the building is old an retains many original features mixing with modern doesn't work - it just looks like a building site in places, Damaged original features are incomplete and bodged. The glazed tile walls and very old secondary double glazing made you feel like you were in an old school lab. Sorry, but I thought it was horrible.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJR_001_22
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Just home from an AMAZING stay at Abode Manchester. The staff were fantastic, amazingly friendly, helpful & welcoming. We dinned at Michael Caine's, the best meal I have had in some time & can not wait to book my next visit. Whilst breakfast isn't my finest hour the staff were so friendly you couldn't help but smile. Our room was spacial & airy with a real loft feel. I rarely complete these reviews however had to share. In short .... don't real any more .... book your stay now! Fiona, Glasgow

Room Tip: 305 was spacious & airy with a real loft feel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Went for lunch here on my birthday. Had a lovely 4 course meal which I got to choose from the menu. We also had the wine to match each meal. Food was really well presented and tasted just as good. My friend ordered from the grazing menu which i thought was even better and would probably go for that myself next time. Waiters were all very friendly and their service was very professional. We got an explanation of all the food and the wine which i expected but they seemed very knowledgeable and confident. The only issue we had was when my friend asked for a glass of Riesling and he got a glass of Rose instead, but this was obviously just a miscommunication. The problem was sorted straight away. Thank you to the staff and chefs who made my birthday more special and allowed me to enjoy lovely food and wine.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katherine D
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I had to book here at short notice and found it to be a very happy accident. Check in was extremely pleasant and I asked for a nice room which I was given without question or excuse. Got room 305 which was on the corner of the building decorated in a loft apartment style with parquet floor, trendy sofa surround sound and Nintendo Wii. A bit noisy as it was on the front of the building but that can be said of any Manchester Hotel. Breakfast was very good indeed and the service was extremely pleasant. Great location just a few steps away from Piccadilly Gardens. A slight downside was that I could hear a woman (presumably) in high heels in the room above bit otherwise I would reccommend this hotel unreservedly. Im a regular visitor to Manchester and have already rebooked for July. Well Done

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room?
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business