“Amazing”

ABode Manchester
Ranked #21 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
“Amazing”
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed on a package in one of the rooms on the 'fabulous on fifth' top floor, it included champagne, a meal in the Michael Caines restaurant and breakfast. It was pricy but worth it for my partners 30th we thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't want to leave. We would definately like to do it again. The bed was huge and I have no complaints at all

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
manchester
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Not to mention the drunken louts shouting in the street. We had planned a two night stay in the hotel but cancelled the second night due to the issues of noise. Stayed in room 405, we were very disappointed and will not stay here again, we waited a long time for this break away from the kids for peace and quite and it was totally ruined next time we'll stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Stay at the Lowry!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leenwuk
Northern Ireland
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Our room was at the back of the hotel on the fourth floor and was large, clean and bright. We were lucky that we didn't hear any noise and slept well on the really comfortable beds. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. We didn't have breakfast but I had lunch in the Michael Cains restaurant which I have also reviewed.I enjoyed my star and would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Looby36
Newbury
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This hotel sadly didn't live up to my expectations - which weren't terribly high, anyway. I stayed here for two nights on business.

It's a great location as it's so near Manchester Piccadilly station and the various eateries - but that's about where it stops.

I was staying on the second floor at the front of the hotel and it was so noisy - despite attempts to block the sound out with secondary glazing. I barely slept for the whole night due to traffic noise, and the rooms were poorly soundproofed as well. I am writing this review barely able to open my eyes after so little sleep.

The other issue was with the "period" features. Whilst they had obviously made an attempt to make the hotel in a style suited to the period of the building, this meant parquet floorings throughout (very noisy!), but also rather "clinical", open rooms. The room had a smell of disinfectant permanently, and the lack of wardrobe and open clothes filing systems gave the room a rather cold feel. A personal thing, but I didn’t like having the ironing board on full display the whole time(!). There was also nowhere to put my suitcase and the desk was too small to work truly productively (although the free WiFi was appreciated).

Breakfast was ok, although service was rather slow (cooked options are waitress service). The cold continental buffet was rather limited.

I will be looking elsewhere next time I visit Manchester.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Barry
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The second time of visiting this hotel and I have to say the hotel, staff, rooms and food were all excellent. The receptionist could not have been more helpful, a real breath of fresh air! I have stayed in various hotels in Manchester, however I will definately be returning to the Abode! Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Dave R
Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. It has a fab location, a couple of mins walk from Picadilly train station. The building and decor is really beautiful. We had a lovely welcome at reception and even although our room was not ready when we were taken to it they compensated us later on with a complimentary bottle of wine. The enviable room was really spacious and clean with the most amazingly comfy and large bed. The room had all the mod cons such as ironing board, hairdryer, safe and even filter coffee. The bathroom was also really nice with large soft towels and refreshing tolietries on offer. We had breakfast which was a resonable price with table service, a lovely fry up and nice buffet. We ahd a really nice stay here and the staff were friendly and we look forweard to staying here again. Thanks to all at Abode Manchester

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ann H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Couldn't believe how close it was to the station so was able to dump stuff quickly before heading to the Royal Exchange theatre to see a show. The theatre was only a 10minute walk away which again was extremely handy. Very spacious room, great facilities, super comfortable bed (wish I didn't have to leave early the following more) and lovely shower. It was quiet where I was though my room was by the cleaners cupboard so I imagine that if you were having a lazy lie in then it would be quite noisy. Breakfast was excellent, great service by all staff. Would definitely recommend to anyone headed up to Manchester.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business