“Loft Style”
Review of ABode Manchester

ABode Manchester
Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The staff at reception are excellent, very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and reminded us of a New York loft. We were on the front but weren't disturbed by the noise from the street at all - this could because the bed was so comfy. The rooms are very well equipped. There has certainly been attention to detail with this hotel. There are a good range of complimentary items - very handy if you arrive starving. I booked breakfast in advance and it was tasty and came with a big proper pot of tea.
Just two things prevent this being a 5 star review - we had ordered Sunday papers and they never arrived - the staff were very apologetic I have to say - and the drinks in the bar were eye wateringly expensive.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Great location between Piccadilly station and the main shopping areas. I think the building was originally a factory so the rooms are not your standard hotel chain. They are big and well equipped for a 1-2 night stay. Beds are very big and surprisingly comfy - outside noise was less than I expected for a weekend and did not really affect us. Decor was a little drab but perfectly acceptable.

We found most of the staff very good - friendly, personal service, in particular Maria was very helpful. Breakfast was ok - I would recommend the sausages which were very tasty. Biggest downside for us was the lift which was painfully slow.

Room Tip: Side rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide details of your recent stay with ourselves here at ABode Manchester. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

Arrived to the lovely Heather at reception. Very friendly and polite. She told me the enviable room that I had booked was her favourite one, and I could see why! Beautifully clean, plenty of refreshments, his and hers bathrobes...I could go on and on!
The real plus about the room was the king size ( no sorry, Super king size bed!) extreeeeeemely comfortable! Our room had a little seperate lounge area which was very cute.
Now onto dinner. My partner and I had never been to a restaurant like it. This is fine dining. The service, although polite and attentive once they were serving you, we couldn't understand why it took 50 minutes for our starter to arrive after ordering. The main took another half an hour after we had our starter. We wanted to go out that evening, but by the time we had finished eating we realised we had been sat there from 8-10.30pm. Hmmm..not overly impressed! And I'm sure Michael Caine himself would have a word or two to say about that.
We then stayed in the hotel to have cocktails, but by this time it didn't surprise me how slow the service was even for a cocktail. About 15 minutes wait, plus 10 minutes for them to realise we actually wanted to order one in the first place. Sort it out- you're a top hotel!
Despite all of this, the food and cocktails were out of this world!!
We will definitely be back sometime, but will dine an hour earlier to make sure we can go out for the evening.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Songbird24

Thank you for taking the time to provide such balanced feedback regarding your recent stay with ourselves. Naturally I am delighted you had such a wonderful time and that our reception team were welcoming and the room was enjoyable.
I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the shortfalls in service delivery during your dining experience. I can assure you that your comments have been noted and cascaded accordingly.
I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future and I am confident the team will deliver the service to you that our reputation demands.
best regards

Reviewed 1 December 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times recently when on business in Manchester and found the staff to be friendly and the rooms spacious and well equipped. There is a choice of places to eat and eating in the Michael Caine restaurant is a nice treat with the food being well presented and tasty. The £10 charge for the cooked breakfast when you book ahead is good value. It won't necessarily be my only choice when I stay in Manchester again but it will always be one that I check out first.

Room Tip: Take a look at the Desirable rooms. They are slightly larger and you are not paying for too much spa...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We booked The night before we went for a last minute shopping trip and although the rates weren't reduced as I'd hoped when I asked if an upgrade was likely I was told yes and I wasn't disappointed. Staff on reception were warm, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was yummy however we weren't sure what to do and if we were able to use the buffet without asking so would have been nice if the waiters/waitresses had explained this to us room was very nice MOST comfy bed! Bathroom needs TLC.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SarahandJon

Thank you for your providing the team here at ABode Manchester with details of your recent stay with ourselves. Whilst thrilled you had such an enjoyable time I would like to apologise for any confusion caused regarding breakfast.
I do hope to welcome you back upon your next visit to Manchester and I am positive the team will address the issue kindly highlighted.
best regards

Reviewed 22 November 2012

I want to love this hotel. The location is great, the rooms are really nice. Unfortunately the staff are on another planet. Checking in takes longer than visa control in a Communist country - and then you invarbialy find you've been given the wrong key to the wrong room. The food in the restaurant is passable, but can take forever to be served. Tonight I wanted to send back what I was given, but given that it took 45 minutes to arrive, I didn't have the time to wait. I was refunded the cost of my meal, but when you're hungry and you're travelling on business, what use is that?

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mattypn
Reviewed 12 November 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here this year & it was great, again. Staff friendly & we got upgraded, which was brilliant. No noise on the 3rd floor at 7am as we experienced last time. But we liked it enough last to stay there again even though it was noisy, which speaks for itself!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple