“new years treat”

Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
Leeds, United Kingdom
“new years treat”
Reviewed 4 January 2013 via mobile

My partner and myself had heard good things about this hotel so when we saw the fantastic prices for new years eve and day we decided to avoid the pub crowds and book ourselves in. We have stayed in many hotels around the country and this has to be one of the best! We booked a superior double which was worth the extra, the decor was quirky but tasteful and the bed was fantastic and the room so quiet and very clean!
The staff were fantastic especialy the girls on reception who were so helpful and friendly, and even though this was a busy period the people in the resturant were very helpful in providing us with ice and an ice bucket for our own champagne.
We will definatly be looking at staying again when next in manchester.
Well done to all the staff, keep up the good work.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide the team with details of your recent stay with ourselves here at the ABode Manchester. I am delighted you had such a wonderful experience and I do hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
uk
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We stayed here for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Awesome rooms, we didn't go out much! The most comfortable bed ever! The biggest bed ever! The reception staff were fantastic, we called earlier in the day before arrival to request a specific room. On arrival this was remembered and actioned! I can't fault anything, the most wonderful hotel the most wonderful staff at the most wonderful time of the year! thank you Abode!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This hotel has a 'New York' theme and manages to create a very cool, quirky feeling. Our room was excellent and the bed was honestly the biggest i've ever seen! The staff were friendly but certainly could have been a bit more professional (saw a little argument between staff right at reception). Breakfast was good value and the location is just excellent.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing a review for the ABode Manchester. I would love to be able to discuss your comments in greater detail and as such please see my direct email below.
Thank you once again.
gmmanchester@abodehotels.co.uk

regards
Sean
katenphoo
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I bought a package deal that included one of the superior rooms, chocolates, flowers and a three course meal in their in house restaurant. The rooms are massive and very much "loft style" the bed was possibly the biggest bed I have ever seen, probably about twice the size of my bed back home :O

Food was delicious and I'm so glad we paid for the package deal, otherwise we would probably would have eaten at Pizza Hut and missed out on a great dining experience.

There are a couple of negatives (although I would stay here again), firstly the bathroom was a bit shabby. For the kind of money you pay to stay here I felt it should be a bit more luxurious and a couple of the fittings looked dated and dirty. The other big let down for me was breakfast, why no cooked breakfast? We were served two "breakfast baguettes", natural yoghurt, cereal and some other bits and bobs by room service. It wouldn't have been so bad if the baguettes had been fresh but they came in cellophane and had obviously been microwaved - it's completely at odds with the food served downstairs.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide details of your recent stay with ourselves here at ABode.
Whilst delighted to read that you would wish to return, I would however like to take the opportunity to apologise for the issues raised around the breakfast offering. I can assure you that your comments will be actioned accordingly.
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and I love it, its different and the rooms seem all to be a little bit different, lovely big comfortable beds, beautiful toiletries (not the normal chain hotel toiletries, these are unique).
I love the complimentary tray, love coffee filters.
High ceilings, peaceful, big bathrooms, well designed, comfortable.
Good breakfast, nice and relaxed and breakfast staff very helpful.
Reception ok, not great, but ok.
Bar staff, ok, not great but ok. Customer service could do with polishing a bit, its the little things, if nothing seems to much trouble, thats good, but if the staff are doing you a favour when you want to spend your money in their bar? Not saying it was bad, but could do better.
Still love the place, definitely go back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 26 December 2012

The major bonus to this hotel is the size of the rooms. We booked the cheapest room and it was huge with 2 chairs, wardrobe, dressing table and a massive bed! Stylishly, but simply decorated. The bathroom was looking pretty tired and needs updating but the products provided were nice. Nice big fluffy towels and tea, coffee, biscuites etc. Overall I would say that although in a beautiful old building the hotel felt like it had been done a while ago now and was a little worn around the edges. The staff on reception were very friendly. Breakfast was nice, particularly the full English and the croissants, but don't expect Michael Caines quality food for breakfast as it wasn't amazing! Overall we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I have stayed here a few times with my fiance and its always brilliant, I love the style and decor, the bath products are lovely and its great value.
The bistro food is lovely and usually we get a meal included in our stay.
A short walk to the shops and close to the train station.
The beds here are the comfiest hotel bed iv ever slept on! I want one for my house lol, always have a brilliant sleep here. Super clean and nice tea and coffee in the room
We recently stayed across the road at the Malmaison and it wasn't a patch on abode! We really regretted trying somewhere different for our manchester visit. We will be back to abode again soon Im sure :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
On behalf of the team here at ABode Manchester I would like to extend my appreciation to you for the wonderful review you submitted. The team strives to deliver exceptional service and when feedback such as yours is highlighted it generates such positivity throughout the business.
I do hope to welcome you back very soon!!

best regards