“Above and Beyond, Excellent!”
Review of ABode Manchester

ABode Manchester
Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 26 December 2013

we stayed Christmas eve and Christmas night, the staff were amazing, couldn't do enough to make our stay anymore enjoyable, nothing was too much trouble, we stay at Abode about 4/5 times a year all over the country, but this stay was above and Beyond in terms of the service, we asked for a quiet room check...special order for breakfast in bed check...it only took two minutes for the ice buckets we ordered to arrive at our door being carried by a very smiling man. just brilliant!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank gee75
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear guest,
My thanks for reviewing the ABode. To recieve such positive comments such as yours really do add a spring to our step!!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed one night mid-week for business. The location was ideal, so close to the station, shops and tram. The staff were friendly and although I found the decor of the room a tad clinical at first it really grew on me. The bed was very comfortable, spacious bathroom and there wasn't much noise despite being on the main road. The way they've maintained original aspects of the building like the tiled staircase is really nice.

The only reason I've given four stars instead of five is because we waited a really long time for breakfast, I think 40-50 minutes in total. Even after we asked after it and explained we had a meeting to get to there was still a 10-15 minute wait. It wasn't busy and we very nearly had to give up. When it did come it may well have been nice, but we had to snarf it and run.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Clareball
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed at the Abode last weekend and it was great! The staff are super friendly and the check in process was very easy. The food in the restaurant is excellent and the breakfast selection delicious especially the pain au chocolats or the cooked options. In terms of location its a 3 minute walk from Piccadilly Station, so easy to find just leave the station and turn right and you can't miss it. Five minutes walk from the main shopping area and all the nightlife you can't go wrong. The bed was so comfortable that I got the best nights sleep I had in a long time, the room was large with a spacious bathroom and we worried that noise would be a problem from outside as we were on the 1st floor but we slept soundly. All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for a weekend stay, the price was reasonable for the time of year and included breakfast and dinner too - great value. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tracy,
I am delighted that all elements of your stay here with the ABode were so positive. Thank you for reviewing the property and it would be a delight to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Very few rooms in Manchester this particular evening, so perhaps I was lucky to get one at all. My room at Abode was on the small side, which I could cope with, but had big hot water pipes running up the wall next to the bed, so it was like sleeping right next to a radiator which seemed to be on all night. As my room was on the first floor at the front, I couldn't open the window because of the noise outside. So not a very comfortable night, and £200 for B&B.

Staff very friendly and efficient - very welcoming. Food good in the bar/room service (restaurant was full sadly). Breakfast - arrived with just one piece of bacon. I am sure I would have been given more if I had asked, but that would have meant a delay.

Outside is a little rough - near the station, streets dirty, a few tramps around - not the nicest of locations.

Overall - probably very good if you avoid the rooms at the front.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such balanced feedback. Whilst delighted to read elements of your time with us were positive it is disappointing to read others were not. Your feedback is appreciated and I can assure you it will be used to improve our offering.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel a while ago & really enjoyed my stay. Organising a Christmas Do in Manchester for important customers decided to book 8 rooms here.
Warm welcome, but no idea of the guests names despite me booking as a group so had to recite all the names again to enable me to pay. Champagne Bar closed & main bar service was painfully slow, with me constantly having to reorder things. Room 1014 was next to the noisy lift, so was kept awake all night by constant banging.
Two of my guests were charged for their rooms on check out despite me prepaying the night before. All very embarrassing!!

Room Tip: Refuse a room near the noisy lift!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Leedsaway67

Dear Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to provide details of your stay with the ABode. My sincere apologies for the poor experience you endured. I can only offer you my assurances that the issues raised have since been discussed with my team and I am confident that they have since been rectified.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Winston suite which is John Lennons middle name and was themed slightly around him. It had hand drawn pictures in the room by Yoko. It was a great room and wasn't much to upgrade to the suite. It was extremely spacious with a huge bathroom with separate bath and shower and twin sinks. The room had air con which was easy to work and effective as well as lots of little extras to make your stay comfortable.

We had a very peaceful nights stay and had breakfast in bed the following morning which was very good. The only thing i regret is not going to the restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask if there's availability to upgrade, it's well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
I am delighted you enjoyed your time with ourselves. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and definately recommend our restaurant.
thanks again

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed for one night in May 2013. We'd book a standard room and on arrival were offered to upgrade to a junior suite for £25 so we jumped at it. The room was perfect. Really good size with a lovely comfortable bed, a window seat area with a table, and sofa with a coffee table infront of a good sized flat screen TV. Really well thought out room. It had a colonial feel to it too with the colouring and the horizontal wooden blinds at the windows.

We didn't eat at the hotel but when we left we had a couple of Bloody Mary's each at the bar which cost a small fortune.

Good stay.