“Amazing upgrade!”

Ranked #21 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Malvern, United Kingdom
“Amazing upgrade!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Very interesting building with unusual decor inside.
The heating in my room wasn't working so one of the maintenance guys came to fix it and couldn't so he got me upgraded to the Johny Cash suite to make up for it! (sorry I forgot his name). This room is HUGE with sofas, nespresso machine, glass pitched roof, lovely bathroom and very comfortable bed - they do their own soaps and shampoos too.
Staff at breakfast super friendly and breakfast very good. I was in town for a boring conference so it was a great relief to get back here at night and soak in the tub.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ali J
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear guest,
My appreciation for reviewing the ABode. I am delighted that we managed to ensure that the "boring" conference was a distant memory after relaxing in one of our fabulous suites!!
Sean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Lovely old building which has retained most of its original features. Rooms really comfortable and light and airy with everything you need, great size bathroom. Great friendly service and breakfast offered good selection including eggs Benedict. Dined in Restaurant and really enjoyed the tasting plates.

Room Tip: You must dine in Michael canines
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the ABode. I am delighted your experience was of high quality and I do hope you return to visit ourselves in the very near future.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the abode overnight as we were in Manchester for a concert. It is walking distance of etihad stadium and really close to the station and town centre.
We loved everything about Abode and will definitely be going back.
Room was spacious and comfortable, the staff were so helpful and the food was delicious. It's worth having a cooked breakfast.
Highly recommended if you are visiting Manchester.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the ABode. I am thrilled your time with ourselves was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the very near future.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights on a shopping trip and had a lovely time but...
The bed was very sqeeky, although we could probably have done something about it.
The tv reception was poor.
The front door to the room didn't lock.

However we didn't pay a great deal so I think we had value for money.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the property. It is imperative that we learn from our valued guests such as yourself and I am confident that having recieved and discussed your feedback that your next visit will be a much more positive experience.
England
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Very very comfortable room. The decor and style of the hotel is beautiful. Friendly staff when checking in and out along with very friendly staff at breakfast. Breakfast was freshly cooked to order. Will definately return.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to review the ABode. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and that the team contributed positively. I do hope you return in the very near future.
Manchester
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I am not quite sure where to start with this review.. Because there us so much I want to say...... I will be checking out today after staying 3rd and 4th for my friends wedding.... This has quite simply been the best hotel experience I have ever had in my adult life. Firstly I want to start by thanking the wedding planner ( sorry I don't know your name) for the most perfectly executed wedding I have ever attended. I have never seen such hard work and dedication from a team such as this... Nothing was over looked and it truly was an absolutely fabulous wedding.I need to apologise to the restaurant manager for constantly fretting about the wedding cake! Sorry for being a pest...just wanted it to be perfect... And it was. So without making this to wordy... I want to say a special thanks to three people... To Dane.. You are a superstar , nothing was too much trouble .. Please show me some more magic tricks when I return.... To Darren ... Night shift duty manager to beat all others...thanks you for keeping me company on smoke breaks in the small hours... And to Ben... Possibly the most hard working and dedicated person I have ever met... You put me to shame... Thank you to all of the warm and friendly staff.. Chef in Michael Caine's Restaurant you have seriously got it going on....the food here is truly a taste explosion for the mouth ....Wedding breakfast was to die for!
Personally for me there is now no other place I would stay when I return Manchester....This truly is my new second home. Thank you.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louise B
Louise,
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review the property. It was a delight for ourselves to contribute too such a memorable occasion. The entire team enjoyed every minute and it has set a fantastic marker for the year ahead. We all look forward to welcoming you back to stay with the ABode.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the start of December and have to say we both Loved the experience
The bed is the softest, cuddliest we have ever had in an Hotel... normally they feel like you're sleeping on a brick and end up with a sore back and sleepless night
I feel that no-one could complain about the facilities provided. The abode had thought of everything
There was a selection of teas including speciallity coffee and hot chocolate and two lots of biscuits which I neglected to use
I could have kicked myself when I remembered.
The complimentry toiletries were a great size for both of us to use which we did with relish
My Husband had a bath I had a shower... oodles of hot water.. bliss
We had a meal in the Michael Caine Restaurant the evening of our arrival and were more than happy with the overall good experience ...the waiting staff proved attentive without being intrusive and great value
We also had a full cooked breakfast before we checked out this again set us up for the long trek home to Belfast
We WILL be back and if anyone asks we shall tell them to make the Abode top of their wishlist of places to stay in Manchester

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank stayedroom331
Dear guest,
My sincere appreciation for reviewing the property with such positive feedback. Myself and the team thank you and we look forward to your next visit with ourselves here at the ABode.