“Johnny Cash Suite - UNBELIEVABLE!”
Review of ABode Manchester

ABode Manchester
Ranked #23 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My boyfriend took me to the aBode hotel last weekend for an overnight stay. When booking, he added that he'd like to stay in the Johnny Cash suite that we'd heard so much about, and a lovely gentleman from the hotel called him Saturday morning and offered him an upgrade for our stay that evening...

What. A. Room. I honestly can't bang on about it to enough people! From the skylight windows to the art to the guitar on the wall, to the gorgeously comfy bed, massive bath, complimentary soft drinks and snacks and the Bose sound system; it was quite honestly the best overnight's stay we've ever had!

The hotel was easy to find and the staff we're all incredibly friendly.

Can genuinely say we're really excited to come back and celebrate our birthdays later this year here again!

Thank you aBode!

• Stayed: February 2014
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear guest,
Your feedback is most flattering and on behalf of the team thank you so much. I am delighted you had such a memorable stay with ourselves and we look forward to your return later in the year.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed two nights on way home from holiday to sample Michael Caine's restaurant.
Comfortable room with air con. Large bathroom with shower over tub.
Hotel is in a converted warehouse so one is aware of cast iron pillars and beams in the rooms and old style windows.
If you stay you must take the stairs at least once to see the Victorian tiles.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I booked this Hotel for a business trip last week, which also coincided with the Champions league so I was expecting riotous drunken football supporters all over town, NOT the case, I did go for a long walk and drink a few beers so soak in the atmosphere and it was great. This hotel has wonderful friendly staff. I stayed in the Angel suite, which was wonderful, wasted on me on my own though, a great room to book if your with your partner. I had what I thought was going to be standard Cheese Burger for diner as Room Service. Not a standard Burger it was outstanding, homemade, and delicious. Breakfast was equally very very good, I would highly recommend this Hotel, Not to big like the Chains but not too small that you feel isolated being on your own. Thank you.

Room Tip: The Angel Suite on the 5th Floor is very very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank scottjones41

Dear guest,
My sincere appreciation for taking the time to review the ABode. I am delighted we surpassed your expectations and I do hope to welcome you back to stay with ourselves in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very different from the normal chains, dare I say a little more hip and classier. Situated in a beautiful old building in the city centre with NCP parking nearby (discount for guests staying at the Abode).

My room oozed luxury from the grown up snacks, to the bathroom smellies to the incredibly comfortable big bed. Had the best nights sleep here in ages a major plus, although hotel is definatly a place to bring someone special to for that something special.

A good and well stocked reasonably priced bar also a plus. Did not eat in the Michael Caines restaurant however can recommend smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast beautifully cooked soft and creamy, perfect.

Overall a stay for those who want something different, just don't bring the kids!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Biriyaniboy B

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the ABode. Reading details of your positive experience is most pleasing. We do try to provide an 'edge' in all that we do, underpinned by fantastic service delivery!!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Great Staff, comfortable room and good value. Breakfast first class too. Really couldn't fault my stay. This will certainly be my hotel of choice for future business visits. I will recommend this to all my friends and family without hesitation.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the ABode Manchester. I am thrilled to read your comments and I look for ward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Booked the hotel after reading reviews and was not disappointed. As it was my husbands birthday we upgraded to a suite for a small fee. The room was at the back of the hotel and very quiet. We had a corner window and large windows bringing in plenty of light. The bed was huge and sooooo comfortable. A lovely seating area and large TV.

The hotel is ideally placed for Piccadilly area , main shops and station. We parked in the carpark opposite and the hotel discounted our ticket, I thin it was £18 for 24 hours.

The reception staff were very friendly and the hotel has a welcoming feel. We were able to leave our luggage on the Sunday after check out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the ABode. It is pleasing that your time with ourselves was such a positive experience. I am equally delighted to inform you that since your recent visit we have installed brand new television sets in order to provide enhanced quality and greater choice.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed here over the weekend for a night and really liked the hotel. The check in process was smooth and the room was lovely. We had one of the desirable rooms and the bed was absolutely massive and really comfy. The design of the rooms are really quirky as well, it's a lot nicer staying somewhere like here than a standard Hilton bedroom, with wallpaper covered in books, high ceilings and leather chairs it made it feel like a loft apartment.The bathroom was also great, very large with a nice shower.

The only thing i would say is that the TV service wasn't great, we didn't spend a lot of time watching it but there are limited channels and the radio channels didn't work on it. The lift buttons also didn't work for the 4th floor so it meant a walk down each time, which is fine but in heels was slightly more of a challenge!!

Overall though we really like the hotel and would definitely stay here again, maybe trying out the restaurant next time.

Room Tip: If you're driving definitely park at Picadilly Place carpark, it's only a couple of minutes...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for reviewing the ABode. I am very pleased you had an enjoyable stay with ourselves. Equally pleasing is that since your recent stay we have installed brand new televison sets throughout the property providing greater quality and improved selection.