ABode Manchester
  • Room Service
Velvet Hotel(Manchester)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,903 results
All reviewsdesirable roommichael cainescafe barjohnny cashparquet flooringoriginal featurespiccadilly stationdvd playerjunior suitehuge bedan upgradefifth floorbasic roomlovely hotelnorthern quarterreception stafffull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Reception staff were great particularly Christopher. I ate at the Michael Caines restaurant and had the spring menu which was superb value. Food was expertly presented and cooked. Breakfast in the morning was also varied and cooked to order. NCP car park very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for room at back of hotel rather than front facing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

One thing I would say is do not check in to one of the front rooms at this hotel, the noise during the night is constant, and I did not enjoy my stay there, when I mentioned this at reception the following morning, I was told I should have requested a room at the back of the hotel, but as I had never stayed at this Hotel before how would I know about the noise at the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: A room at the back please!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for reviewing the ABode. I do agree our location in the heart of the city is fantastic, although I am disappointed that your sleep was impaired. I am suprised to read your comments regarding the reception team the following morning but I will of course discuss your feedback with them.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. Arrived after a train journey from London, I cannot highly commend the reception staff. They were efficient, warm and friendly.

Rooms are very spacious, clean with lovely parquet flooring, massive bed and cool (or warm) air conditioning.

Great location on 5min walk from Picadilly Station, a short walk into the shops, and the abundance of bars, restaurants, and shops in the Northern Quarter at your disposal.

Second time at the hotel and already looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: "Desirable Rooms" are a little bit bigger and definitely worth that little bit extra

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the ABode. I am delighted your experience was such a positive one. We look forward to you returning once again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just spent the night at this hotel. Lovely, comfy bed. Very clean room with good choice of tea, coffee etc. Front of house staff are very friendly, professional and knowledgable. Good location
near the train station, shops, Phones for u arena. Will certainly stay here again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at Abode for 4 nights. Our room was large with a huge bed, 3 comfortable chairs and the bathroom was roomy too. The whole placed was clean and the room was attended to every day. There is ample storage, well we found it so. Air con is used as the windows cant be opened but again this didn't prove inconvenient. Ample tea/coffee facilities in the room this is a must for me along with the body/hair shampoo.
The hotel has managed to keep some of the original features which work well along with the modern
The hotel reception staff were friendly, helpful and willing to chat (if not to busy). We had a drink in the bar and again the bar staff were happy to help and engage in conversation.
We ate in Michael Caines restaurant on our last eve, this was an experience that I suggest you treat yourselves to.
It is situated within 5 mins of Piccadilly station and again within minutes of the centre of Piccadilly, perfect in my eyes.

Room Tip: We upgraded and our room was on the 3rd floor, no noise from lift and spacious room.

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted your experience was such a positive one.