“Perfect stay”

Ranked #23 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My old school friend & I meet up every year and although neither of us know Manchester it was the only place we could co-ordinate flight/train times. Choosing the Abode was the icing on the cake - weather on arrival dire! We requested a quiet room which hadn't initially been allocated but with a quick call to house keeping to "twin up" a room at the back we were only left waiting 10 mins Our outlook wasn't very picturesque but other than the odd reveller both of us slept well in very comfy beds. The staff could not have been more attentive and were genuinely eager to make sure our stay was a memorable one. Breakfast was hot and well presented and the whole experience thoroughly enjoyable. Well done The Abode

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor at the back which didn't have the best of views but it did mean we were...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Wirral , England
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We've been here a couple of times now, and we've enjoyed every stay.
The service is fantastic from the front desk to the bar staff. Everyone is so helpful.
The building is beautiful. Abode have managed to mix the best bits of the original building with some stylish modern design. We've liked every room we've stayed in.
Thoroughly recommend the cocktail list. We seem to end up in the bar every time we stay, and I've really enjoyed all the cocktails recommended by knowledgable bar staff.
The only minus point I would give them would be the in room breakfast, which wasn't quite to the standard as the rest of the hotel.
We'll be back again at some point I'm sure.

• Stayed October 2013
Onchan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Manchester just for the night by myself and booked a room via Hotwire as my usual hotel chain was very expensive. I got a great rate and, upon arrival, was attended to by a very helpful gentleman who advised I had been upgraded to a junior suite. The room was clean and spacious, and the bed was large and comfortable. I arrived late and left early so I can't comment on the food quality or prices. The hotel was conveniently located on Piccadilly, about 3 minutes from Piccadilly train station or Piccadilly Gardens bus station. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the ABode Manchester. Your feedback makes for great reading and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is about a three minute walk from train station. The room had a lovely big bed which was really comfortable and a good rainfall shower. I may have been unlucky, but the room I had (208) was very dark and had little day light. The colour of the walls was very depressing and although the bathroom was large, it needed updating.

I had dinner in the fine dining restaurant which is in the basement, not to be confused with the café bar on ground level. The fine dining experience was fantastic, service excellent, I don't think I have ever had such good service from start to finish. It is expensive but well worth it for a special treat. I would like to express my thanks to all the restaurant staff for making me feel special. I was on my own as it was a business trip and there attentiveness and extremely friendly approach made me relaxed and comfortable with being on my own.

Breakfast is in the café bar and is served at your table. It was really hot and tasted lovely.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Reception staff were great particularly Christopher. I ate at the Michael Caines restaurant and had the spring menu which was superb value. Food was expertly presented and cooked. Breakfast in the morning was also varied and cooked to order. NCP car park very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: ask for room at back of hotel rather than front facing
Heswall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

One thing I would say is do not check in to one of the front rooms at this hotel, the noise during the night is constant, and I did not enjoy my stay there, when I mentioned this at reception the following morning, I was told I should have requested a room at the back of the hotel, but as I had never stayed at this Hotel before how would I know about the noise at the front of the hotel.

Room Tip: A room at the back please!!
Dear guest,

Many thanks for reviewing the ABode. I do agree our location in the heart of the city is fantastic, although I am disappointed that your sleep was impaired. I am suprised to read your comments regarding the reception team the following morning but I will of course discuss your feedback with them.

Sydney
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed on a Friday and Saturday night. Arrived after a train journey from London, I cannot highly commend the reception staff. They were efficient, warm and friendly.

Rooms are very spacious, clean with lovely parquet flooring, massive bed and cool (or warm) air conditioning.

Great location on 5min walk from Picadilly Station, a short walk into the shops, and the abundance of bars, restaurants, and shops in the Northern Quarter at your disposal.

Second time at the hotel and already looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: "Desirable Rooms" are a little bit bigger and definitely worth that little bit extra
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the ABode. I am delighted your experience was such a positive one. We look forward to you returning once again in the near future.