ABode Manchester
  • Room Service
US$119
US$107
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$111
US$96
  • Free Internet
1,929 results
All reviewsdesirable roommichael cainescafe barjohnny cashparquet flooringoriginal featurespiccadilly stationdvd playerjunior suitehuge bedan upgradefifth floorbasic roomlovely hotelnorthern quarterreception stafffull english
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Only mentioned the stay was for our anniversary once on the phone while arranging the visit, this was picked up on straight away, we were given a warm welcome and handed a anniversary card. Nice clean rooms, very friendly and professional staff. The fine dinning was top of the line with the chosen wines to accompany the meal perfect.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear guest,

I am delighted that the team helped ensure that your anniversary was a memorable one. Thank you for kind comments. Very many congratulations from the team and I and we do hope that next year you will return to the ABode.

best regards
Sean

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My old school friend & I meet up every year and although neither of us know Manchester it was the only place we could co-ordinate flight/train times. Choosing the Abode was the icing on the cake - weather on arrival dire! We requested a quiet room which hadn't initially been allocated but with a quick call to house keeping to "twin up" a room at the back we were only left waiting 10 mins Our outlook wasn't very picturesque but other than the odd reveller both of us slept well in very comfy beds. The staff could not have been more attentive and were genuinely eager to make sure our stay was a memorable one. Breakfast was hot and well presented and the whole experience thoroughly enjoyable. Well done The Abode

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor at the back which didn't have the best of views but it did mean we were not troubled by noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We've been here a couple of times now, and we've enjoyed every stay.
The service is fantastic from the front desk to the bar staff. Everyone is so helpful.
The building is beautiful. Abode have managed to mix the best bits of the original building with some stylish modern design. We've liked every room we've stayed in.
Thoroughly recommend the cocktail list. We seem to end up in the bar every time we stay, and I've really enjoyed all the cocktails recommended by knowledgable bar staff.
The only minus point I would give them would be the in room breakfast, which wasn't quite to the standard as the rest of the hotel.
We'll be back again at some point I'm sure.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Manchester just for the night by myself and booked a room via Hotwire as my usual hotel chain was very expensive. I got a great rate and, upon arrival, was attended to by a very helpful gentleman who advised I had been upgraded to a junior suite. The room was clean and spacious, and the bed was large and comfortable. I arrived late and left early so I can't comment on the food quality or prices. The hotel was conveniently located on Piccadilly, about 3 minutes from Piccadilly train station or Piccadilly Gardens bus station. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the ABode Manchester. Your feedback makes for great reading and the team look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

best regards
Sean

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is about a three minute walk from train station. The room had a lovely big bed which was really comfortable and a good rainfall shower. I may have been unlucky, but the room I had (208) was very dark and had little day light. The colour of the walls was very depressing and although the bathroom was large, it needed updating.

I had dinner in the fine dining restaurant which is in the basement, not to be confused with the café bar on ground level. The fine dining experience was fantastic, service excellent, I don't think I have ever had such good service from start to finish. It is expensive but well worth it for a special treat. I would like to express my thanks to all the restaurant staff for making me feel special. I was on my own as it was a business trip and there attentiveness and extremely friendly approach made me relaxed and comfortable with being on my own.

Breakfast is in the café bar and is served at your table. It was really hot and tasted lovely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business