My boyfriend and I stayed at ‘Abode’ 04/11/2008 for one night on a bed and breakfast basis. We got a really good deal direct with hotel at a cost of £89.
On arrival in the boutique style reception area the staff were friendly and efficient. We shared the lift to our room on the 3rd floor with a large banquet table (just sat there on its own!)
We stayed in a ‘comfortable’ rated room (cheapest) which wasn’t huge but was clean, had a king size bed, flat screen TV, DVD player, open hanging space, desk/dressing table with tea and coffee making facilities. The bathroom was a good size with bath (shower over).
Now for the negatives, as minor points as they may be they were noted by us!
1) The overall decoration and ‘finishing off’ seemed like it was a good DIY job and not that of a nice hotel....bathroom taps were fitted the wrong way, sections of the parquet flooring were loose etc
2) The room was directly under the illuminated hotel sign and the blackout blinds didn’t do their job.
3) The toiletries provided in the bathroom were cheap and nasty (shower gel and shampoo in one)...glad I took my own.
4) No parking (NCP is opposite, £15.50 for 24 hours)
We stayed at the hotel as we were eating at the Michael Caines restaurant (in the basement of the hotel) which was fabulous! .......as was the breakfast the following morning.
Overall we would recommend this hotel but wouldn’t pay any more than we did.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Abode Manchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abode Manchester Hotel Manchester
- Abode Hotel Manchester
- Manchester Abode Hotel