“Lovely hotel in great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of ABode Manchester

ABode Manchester
Ranked #26 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Central Scotland
“Lovely hotel in great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for one night whilst on business. My room was on the first floor and was a great size, very clean and well equipped. Breakfast was excellent. I ate in the Café Bar on the evening I arrived. The staff were so lovely, chatty and helpful and the food was very tasty. Reception staff were also really friendly, in fact all the staff I came across were excellent. The hotel is a five minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly station.
On the down side my room looked over the main road and there was a lot of street noise not just from traffic but music etc which think was from the bar one building along. Also the windows don't open and as it was a warm night I had to sleep with air-conditioning on which I personally don't like. Nevertheless I would definitely stay at the hotel again but ask for a room further back in the buildling

Room Tip: Room 102, 103 & 104 are to the front of the building which can be a bit noisy so maybe ask for a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing the ABode. I appreciate your feedback and I am delighted that you had such a lovely experience, underpinned by the wonderful team.

Sean

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here in June after a meal in the fine dining restaurant. Room was great, night was ruined by paper thin walls that allowed us to hear some drunk people fighting in the room next door, we feared for their safety as it sounded like violent domestic abuse. Hotel staff were slow to react but eventually calmed the people next door down and moved us to a quieter more basic room at 4am after a couple of hours of disturbance.

Night staff should have been quicker to sort things out, reluctant to involve police or do anything, should have looked after us better rather than leaving us to listen to the noise for hours, hotel can't do anything about bad guests but could have helped us enjoy our stay.

In the morning breakfast was fab so a small positive for the stay. No one had mentioned to the day staff the events so it was a surprise when we mentioned it, we were offered a free upgrade next time we returned however never received the promised email and on emailing hotel never got a response.

Why make such a gesture and then never go through with it, makes me feel cheap trying to follow it up. Not sure I will ever visit an abode again based on this experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review, your balanced feedback is appreciated. I am delighted that you were pleased with the room and our breakfast offering. I am disappointed however to read of the issues you highlight with regards to the noise from other guests and the subsequent issues that followed.

Having looked into this matter I have been made aware that after the initial offer of a complimentary upgrade was discussed, the front desk team then provided you with the appropriate contact details and it was their understanding that you would make contact once a future return date had been set. Clearly this account differs from your own hence why there was no initial contact from the hotel. For this therefore I apologise.

I can assure you that any gesture provided by the hotel is genuine, and I would be delighted to discuss this matter with you directly. I am contactable via the hotel main telephone number.

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a pleasant stay at the Abode, which is situated a couple of minutes walk between Piccadilly rail station and Piccadilly Gardens.
Staff friendly and helpful, rooms pleasant and comfortable in terms of size, amenities and the bed itself. Everywhere seemed to be very clean.
Breakfast was above average in my opinion, as hot food is cooked to order and not the far too often buffet style, so often found these days.
Would recommend and will definately stay again.

Huddersfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just returned from a one night stay after attending a wedding in Manchester. First impressions of the hotel was how lovely the building was. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 2nd floor facing the main road but the noise want a problem really as the bed was so amazing and comfortable. The room was different and what you might call quirky it was lovely. After reading the reviews about the restaurant staff, I can honestly say they were lovely, attentive and helpful. We had lunch and then breakfast which was lovely. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable will definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: I loved room 203 on the 2 nd floor but if you are a light sleeper then best to ask for a room at the...
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing the ABode. I am very pleased your experience was such a positive one and in particular thank you for your comments with regard to the restaurant team, they will be delighted, so thank you once again.

Garstang, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My children had booked us a stay at this hotel for one of my big 0 birthdays!!! The hotel which is a short distance from Piccadilly has been converted from an industrial building to a hotel with lots of character. When we arrived, we had been upgraded to the Winston Suite on the Fabulous Fifth. It was super, a very large comfy bed, brilliant bathroom and lounging area. We were impressed. All the staff from reception to housekeeping were very courteous and helpful. We dined at Michael Caines, very good and the breakfast was excellent. We had a terrific stay here and would recommend it without hesitation. The only downside was that we could hear the Metro Trams!!

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the ABode Manchester. I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and that you found the team to be so welcoming.

Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed here on Saturday 2nd of August a treat for my birthday! my wife booked us into a junior suite & we were both looking forward to it, when we arrived at reception to check in we were pleasantly informed that we had been upgraded to fabulous on 5th:-D what an amazing room we were given,made my birthday even better! the staff were brilliant from reception to bar & restaurant to housekeeping we were made to feel like royalty, can't recommend this hotel enough & look forward to staying again in the near future it was FABULOUS :-D

• Stayed August 2014
Dear guest,

My sincere appreciation for taking the time to review the ABode Manchester. I am delighted your experience was such a positive one. The team strive to ensure that all our guests have a positive and memorable experience so to read details of your review is most pleasing.

Thank you once again and I do hope to welcome you back to the ABode in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful!!! The staff were extremely friendly! The reception staff and the cleaning staff were hard working and polite and very helpful! The big bed in our room was incredibly comfortable and I love the chairs in the room too. The bathroom was big and the monsoon shower was really nice and the bathroom am amenities were lovely and smelt really good. The only reason I say 4.9 is the tiny issue we had with noisy neighbours but that isn't the hotels fault at all.
We made reservations at the Michael Caines fine dining resturant and it was an incredible meal! And the staff there also were very helpful and smiley!

Stayed August 2014
Sean M, General Manager at ABode Manchester, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing the ABode. The team underpin all that is positive about the property so to read of your particular experience is very heartening. Thank you once again and I do hope you return to stay with ourselves in the very near future.