“Nice And Quiet”

and 1 more site!
Luther King House
Ranked #1 of 29 Manchester B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at luther house for 2 nights and never had any problems.The staff were always polite and helpful.The room was basic but had everything you needed for your stay.Luther is set in a quiet area of manchester but not too far away from the main city.The breakfast was also good too.Value for money and would go back there again if in the area

Room Tip: try get a ground floor as no lifts
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Me and my friend stayed here in June 2013 for a weekend while we were in Manchester for the Robbie Williams Concert, reception were very friendly and helped us out with taxis and bus routes. Ideally located for city centre (10 min bus ride) and right next to the curry mile which was perfect for late night food after a night in Manchester!!

The grounds are beautiful and you would never think you were staying in the city, rooms very clean and evrything you need is there. Continental breakfast was great did miss bacon but dippy eggs and soldiers made up for it. Would definately stay here again next time I am in Manchester.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This has been a real lesson to me to spend a little extra and get a lot more - this place was shocking.
My Wife, baby and I needed a basic room for the night and this looked like a good deal. First impressions were pleasing and the first receptionist was very pleasant as were the kitchen staff but it was all downhill from there!
I am sorry to say that we had an awful time in our room - 403.
As soon as we opened the door to the room we were greeted by an overpowering smell of air freshener which never went away (Think fabreeze and shake and vac) Both windows were ceased closed and would not open so there was no fresh air in the room at all. I found the duty manager who seemed totally blase and disinterested and after he tried to open the windows unsuccessfully he told us that it was because it was an old building! After we had to explain why fresh air in a room was a good idea (he didn't seem to get it to start with) he gave us an electric fan which I used to fan the stale air out whilst opening the room door and the door down the hall to let some outside air in although it was a temporary fix. This place was worse than Fawlty towers. The bed covers smelt dirty and the mattress was very thin as were the walls... there were people in the hall running up and down the stairs and talking loudly till 4am and there was a self slamming door echoing through the school like corridor. We could clearly hear the baby crying in the room next door as well as it's Father urinating in the loo. We had a terrible night and couldn't wait to leave. When we told the receptionist about our night she said that the manager would call us... of course he never did.
Save yourself a nightmare and stay somewhere else. We are very good at making the best of a bad thing but this was beyond a joke.
Oh yes, and the TV didn't work, the loo door creaked like a haunted house and there was one of those clattering extractor fans to let the moisture our of the shower which I had on to try and relieve us from the 'Chemical Air freshener' stench for most of the night.

Room Tip: Save yourself a nightmare and stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank R F
Reviewed 27 September 2013

stayed here for one night as needed somewhere close to city centre with free overnight car park. good value at £35 for the night but you get what you pay for. my room was one single bed, dated shower and WC and the sink was in the main room. but everything was clean (except the dirty, greying net curtain over the window). as the place is tucked away on a street off the main road it was nice and quiet (except for the owl hooting in the courtyard). everything was fine until breakfast...the milk i poured on my cereal was sour and off. i couldnt find anyone from the kitchen so went to the reception to tell them and was ignored for a minute before acknowledgment. the receptionist was rude and grumpy and told me i should go into the kitchen to find someone and tell them. so i did...felt a bit odd a guest walking into the kitchens but hey ho, i didnt want anyone getting sick from sour milk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Victoria Y
Reviewed 26 September 2013

There is a bus going straight from Manchester train station to this hostel. Convenient. And I could hear bird singing from my window in the morning. And breakfast was great. They had many items and bread was tasty.
One thing that I didn't like was blankets were a little bit heavy and not cozy.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SoYJin
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I liked garden and parks nearby, architecture, peacefull atmosphere there, or if you like like more fun, shopping street is 5 minutes away, all for reasonable price.
It is 15 minutes to the centre, and the other direction, some 40 minutes by bus to the airport.
Perhaps they could serve more diverse hot breakfast, but otherwise fine.
A small hole in wall in my room could be repaired too but it did not bother me much.

Room Tip: I guess that first (not ground) floor is just safer
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Oskar B
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because we were attending a wedding close by. Basic rooms. You get what you pay for. It is more of a religious house/hostel.

I thought value for money was just ok. If you're on a budget then this is the place

• Stayed: September 2013