“Good for the price”

Ranked #2 of 28 Manchester B&B and Inns
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“Good for the price”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

On arrival we couldn't quite understand what this place was, (we saw a library coming up the drive). It didn't seem like a conventional hotel. Once checked in we went to the room, it was quite small with the double bed against the wall and small e suite shower room. The room was clean and had central heating on when we arrived. The bed was comfy and we even got breakfast included for the small price we paid. Taxi home from the centre in the small hours cost £11 if I remember rightly. Would consider this place again if we needed somewhere in Manchester on a budget.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Used by a group of four for the Froch fight at teh Phones4U Arena and was spot on for our needs of roof & bed. Reminiscent of basic student halls of residence style accommodation.

Continental breakfast was no frills but got us off to a good start to the day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We had to stay I'm Manchester close to the royal infirmary saw many hotels in the area but were quite pricey for us. However came across this place and gave it s chance. We found it very conveniently located quiet peaceful and warm. The service from the start was friendly and accommodating. The rooms are not great. Very dated and basic very small shower room and a bit dirty in some areas. But I must say the bed and bedding is clean and fresh do if you are just booking for a good kip then you'll not be diss appointed and the breakfast was really nice. A grand variety very well organised and clean. If you just need somewhere to sleep and a Brekky this is for you

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank b1oogy
London
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were looking for somewhere convenient and not too expensive for a weekend visiting our student daughter, who lives in Fallowfield. This was a pretty good choice.
It's not a posh hotel, but then again, it's not grim-looking like some of the places on the Wilmslow Road. The setting is good, back from the main road and it feels quite peaceful. Our ground floor room had twin beds, which we could live with for one night, and had the feel of a decent hall of residence (which it presumably is/was) but it was perfectly comfortable. No shower but a bath with plenty of hot water.
The continental breakfast was good - making this place excellent value at under £40 for a night.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LondonsNick
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This place it to be avoidedat all costs... Especially being 7 months pregnant as I was at the time...
Where to start, here is a list of all that was WRONG!!!!
1. Room Size - RUDE Management stated compact room was listed on the booking, however this was VERY understated.
2. Cleanliness of the room - the carpet was stained and dirty, there was dust in the corners of the carpet. The chair provided at the desk was stained and dirty, and the bolts were hanging out.
3. Cleanliness of the bed, the bed itself was marked and dirty the sheets were dirty and smelly (smell of sweaty feet was so bad I had to spray the whole bed with a can of deoderant)
4. Size and cleaniness of the bathroom. You could sit on the toilet and place your feet in the shower at the same time. The bathroom was so spacious that the sink was in the bedroom. The shower was dirty, the tiles being moldy at the bottom of the shower.... the wood around it was falling apart and rotting.
5. The smell of the whole room and bathroom was very unpleasent.
6. Comfort of room - none at all... decor was old and dirty, bed was sloped into the middle so myself and partner were very close together which isnt very comfortable with a 7month bump attached to the front of you..
7. Safety and temperature ... the windows would not close so there was consent noise and cold coming in from outside.
8. noise polution - the walls are paperthin, you could hear everything from everywhere, guest in their own rooms, guests in the courtyard.
9. The rudeness of staff (bearing in mind I am 7 months pregnant and was quite upset by this stage) Rob the manager was very rude and when i pointed out that he was being rude he strugged his shoulders at me, claiming he didnt care.
(My partner requested that we be changed rooms and Rob claimed they were fully booked so this was not an option, then asking for a refund so I could move to a new hotel that I would be comfortable and get a good nights sleep in he said no because he had to pay bookings.com a commision so he would lose out, then asked for a partial refund minus the commisions again he refused..... I asked him if he was happy for force a pregnant lady to stay somewhere she did not feel comfortable and he said he wasnt forcing me but he wasnt giving me a refund.... which I cannot see as a possibel solution as I had already paid him the £104.50 that it cost for my 2 nights stay)

I hope that no other guests have to experience this room or by the other reviews any other rooms here, Or the rudeness of Rob (so called Manager) as this really did cause a bad feeling over my whole holiday. I was dreading return back to the hotel every night to sleep as I knew not very much sleep would be had and no comfort would be acheived, only the feel of dirtiness and upset.

As for bookings.com who promised they would take up my complaint seriously once I emailed them pictures of the room along with my concerns could not have cared one little but as the repsonse I received from them was "we have exhausted all resources regarding your compaint, if you wish to follow this up please contact the hotel direct" HELPFULLLLL!!!!!

PLEASE don't put yourself through the Heartache and upset of staying at this dump......

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Manchester hotels

Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were in room 321 in October 2013. This is a basic hotel with small rooms and basic facilities.
The staff were helpful and our stay was stress free. The grounds are nice and very peaceful but with the poor weather we didn't get a chance to enjoy them. Breakfast was good too.

The main disappointment was the standard of the room itself.
The toilet/shower in our room was a bit dirty and in need of maintenance and the bed was not particularly comfortable. Other reviews are correct in that there are owls, but they didn't bother us, however you really do hear everything from the surrounding rooms as well as the plumbing.

As long as your expectations are not too high, its a perfectly reasonable hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Mirfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed at luther house for 2 nights and never had any problems.The staff were always polite and helpful.The room was basic but had everything you needed for your stay.Luther is set in a quiet area of manchester but not too far away from the main city.The breakfast was also good too.Value for money and would go back there again if in the area

Room Tip: try get a ground floor as no lifts