“great”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #17 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 15 July 2011

went with friend to see a band and stayed here, room lovely, very clean, beds sooooo comfortable, it felt quite luxurious. The best bit about the hotel for me was the bar and the delicious cosmopolitans they served. Am going to Manchester again this year and didn't hesitate, booked Crowne Plaza again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank cosmogirlwesty
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards..I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your travel plans permit.

Bob Fairweather

Write a ReviewReviews (2,632)

Reviewed 12 July 2011

When you first enter the hotel, you should recognize that something is up. The colors are terrible...black, white, pink...and gray. The windows are dirty, the steps are dirty and usually have people drinking wine on them...not at a table and chair, but right on the steps. Then you go into the elevator to find your room. Elevator opens to a funny smelly floor...black paint on the wall, gray black carpet, low light, and dirty scuffed walls
Every ounce of happiness that you have in your body falls out onto the carpet with every step. Then you get to the room. The window in the far corner has hand prints all over it. The room is black...gray...white...with a ridiculous red plastic mirror. I wanted to leave as soon as I got here. I was so happy we were not going to be in the room at all. At night when we returned to the dodgy section of Manchester, things didn't look much better. We tried to get room service but called 5 minutes before they closed so that was a big NO WAY. Then the next morning, we arrived right at 10 am to get the free breakfast and that was another NO WAY. All in all this place is dark depressing and sad. I will never return and probably never return to Manchester because of it. There was some type of Batman convention going on and I thought that was the only venue that would match this place...dark and scary. You can do much better than this place....Don't let the pictures fool you.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jeannemca1
CrownePlazaManCity, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

Dear jeannemca1

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com.

I was concerned to read your comments with regards a recent stay. Your comments do not indicate the style and high levels of service Crowne Plaza Manchester wishes to prevail.

I ask that you please contact me on the below details so I can have the opportunity to discuss your comments with you personally.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Kind Regards,

General Manager – Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

PH: +44 161 828 8600
E: bob.fairweather@cpmanchester.com

Reviewed 9 July 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for three nights and would highly recommend staying here. The hotel is ideal for business travellers and is very central. Rooms are of a high spec, modern and clean. The beds are the most comfortable I've slept in for a long time!! The staff were friendly and helpful.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel on my next business trip to Manchester.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Muireann N
CrownePlazaManCity, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Thank you for your kind comments towards our hotel and staff. I will pass on your great comments accordingly. We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your business trip plans bring you to the city.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Don't let the worn area this hotel is located in put you off, it s only a short walk to the Triangle area of the city and it's upmarket shops. Great welcome from reception staff and allocated as requested, a quiet room, which I considered a must given the hen parties gathering in reception.

Big bar area that lacked atmosphere. Breakfast was a feeding frenzy the next morning. I think the club floor maybe the best option as suggested by other reviewers.

As a new hotel, with a reasonable rate, not a bad option for the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank OleDunk

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion as I do appreciate that you have alternative preference within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel as fairly close to the MEN arena. We often stay in Crowne Plazas and we were pleasantly surprised that this one actually had great rooms that were contemporary and a little different than the norm with good facilities. stayed in a Club room and actually had view of surrounding countryside as well as the city! The club lounge was a peaceful haven and a nice touch to have evening drinks and canapes. The continental breakfast provided was extensive and renewed often. Staff throughout the hotel were helpful and courteous. The position of the hotel was excellent and an easy walk to the tram and city centre. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Club floor- rooms at front offer great views.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our high standards. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Club Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

Spent one night here to see a gig at the Academy, there were two of us in a Club Room on the ever so quiet fourth floor. Check in was seamless, Platinum membership was recognised, even though the discount on the facilities was not used.
The room was immaculate, a twin double room and good sized TV, functional and a well provisioned bathroom if a bit small but a good seperate shower, beds were very comfortable. We spent the next 5 minutes counting the tower cranes visible from the floor to ceiling windows (not chosen for the view) then into the lounge for a drink.
The Club lounge is, as expected on a seperate floor and the young lady on duty was pleasant and friendly. A well stocked bar and some nibbles before hitting the town was in order, watching some TV and wishing that mobile phones were banned. Plenty of literature for a read if that is your bag. I would recommend that if you want a larger breakfast go to the restaurant, it is a bit of a toast and do one affair. Coffee machine good though.
All in all a good stay and will use again when I have friends over to go rocking in the free world. One last thing, being the numpty I am I left the phone charger in the room and had to return, they located it for me within 10 minutes. Good stuff.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaManc, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2011

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We wanted to visit the holy grail of EPL football so we stopped in at Manchester on our way to London. Initially I was trying to find a hotel near Old Trafford but once I realized how far it was from the city, we changed our location. Crowne Plaza was selected because they could accommodate the number of our party. The bonus was access to the lounge area for breakfast and snacks in the evening. The view from the 10th floor lounge provided a view of the old and the new in Manchester. We were able to see the Manchester version of the Millenium Wheel. The room was roomy and spacious. The towels were plush and soft, the in-room safe a nice touch. In addition to the kettle for making tea or coffee, cookies were provided to make a nice before bedtime snack. The staff were very professional, polite and accommodating. When we asked for directions in getting around to the various sites, they provided us with detailed directions on how to get there. Many fine restaurants and shops were within easy walking distance from the hotel. I didn't know what to expect when I arrived in Manchester but I think I will return one day.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family