“Very comfortable”

Ranked #16 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Bolton England
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed here for two nights 12th and 13th August and had a really comfortable stay. As it was our 40th wedding anniversary we took advantage of a good deal and booked a deluxe club room. We enjoyed the continental breakfast in the club lounge and to able to use the lounge anytime during the day. The complimentry drinks with canapes between 6 and 8 in the evening were an added bonus. We also had a meal in the Glass House restaurant and it was also very enjoyable. The staff made you feel welcome and the waiter in the restaurant gave advice of where to get good cocktails in the Northern Quarter as this was very near to the Hotel. The location is close to Victoria and Piccadilly, also the Arndale Centre. Our visit was just after the Manchester riots and we did not feel uncomfortable with the situation. We also visited Heaton Park. This is a short tram ride out of Manchester and is a really nice place to visit, well kept grounds and also good views over the surrounding area.

1 Thank travellerx2
CrownePlazaManCity, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 17 August 2011

Congratulations for your 40th Wedding Anniversary. Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre for your special occasion. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed celebrating the event here.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind Regards
Bob Fairweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Ireland
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed here in June 2011 as I was at the Bon Jovi concert in Manchester. After spending the night standing in rain (fantastic concert though!), waiting for ages in the queues to get onto the tram, arriving at the hotel was fantastic.
Reception were really great, check in went smoothly. The room was beautiful. The bed..never slept in a bed like that before! It was so comfortable! I loved it.
Everything you needed was in the room. It and the bathroom was spotlessly clean.
Its very central. Arndale shopping centre is within walking distance and there is a tram stop just down the road. There is also a shop nearby.
I will be staying here again next time I am in Manchester and will recommend to anyone going to Manchester!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irishshin
Dear Irishshin

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards. I am delighted you enjoyed both the hotel and the Bon Jovi concert. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time you visit the city.

Kind Regards
Hayle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, using it as a base for exploring Manchester and Liverpool. We managed to find a cheap deal and a further 10% off voucher online (it's really worth looking!) and so got the room for a good price.

We really liked the modern decor of the hotel. All of the facilities were excellent and the staff were helpful at all times including arranging a late check out and storing our luggage for an afternoon. The food and drinks were a little pricy but that's not really a complaint as that's what you expect from a good hotel.

The bed was exceptionally comfortable and the hotel provides you with a pack of sleeping sprays (aromatherapy sort of thing!) which my girlfriend really liked.

All in all we were very impressed with the hotel and fully intend to stay there again next time we are in Manchester.

Room Tip: We had a room on the front of the hotel above a main road and had no issues whatsoever with traffice...
1 Thank mjh2k4
CrownePlazaManc, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you for such a wonderful review on trip advisor. I’m so truly pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I will surely pass on your great comments to our staff, they will be truly pleased. I do hope that when your travel plans permit that you choose to with us again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 9 August 2011

My partner and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night in August and were both very impressed. The room (on the 4th floor Priority Club members floor) was fantastic, very modern & stylish decor and the most comfortable beds! We paid #59GBP for the night including breakfast which was great value for money. The hotel is in the Northern Quarter (the great Bluu bar is just around the corner!) and is close to all city centre attractions & only a 5-10min walk to Victoria train station. I am from Manchester and it was great to be a tourist in my own city for the night!

1 Thank SunbornBlue
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on trip advisor. These comments help us maintain our high level of service. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that when your travel plans permit that you choose to stay with us again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2011

I have selected this Crowne Plaza Hotel because of the great previous reviews, attractive price and convenient location. Just few minute walk from Victoria Station, Arndale Shopping Centre and all attractions of central Manchester. Close to tram and bus services, restaurants, pubs... There will be new Holiday Inn Express hotel attached to CP soon.

From the moment I entered elegant modern reception area I was sure, that was great choice. Lobby is spacious, bright with nice modern decor. Natural, professional and helpful front desk staff complete that nice impression.
I arrived really early, but lovely reception staff checked-me in that time. Much appreciated, especially after early morning flight. Check-in was quick, efficient and absolutely hassle-free. My Priority Club membership was recognized and all information given. Points allocated.

My room was on the 3rd floor with large windows and view over the area. It was spacious, perfectly clean and smelled fresh. Everything was like totally brand new. I loved that, I just loved that. They use combination of white/black/gray colours with two "extras" - orange part of the window and red mirror and chair. That worked so well together. Large windows helps to keep that room so bright - if it's not enough - you have a choice of few well setup lamps and lights.
Room was well equipped - flat screen TV with selections of programmes, entertainment, on-line bill etc.; two phones; quiet air-condition; safety deposit box, iron & iron board; kettle with selection of tees/coffees and some biscuits; mini-bar (extra paid, but prices really acceptable). There was as well complimentary bottle of water. Bed was just AMAZING. Honestly, one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. And you have "this works: sleep" mini-kit - small aromatherapy pillow spray and breathe in. I never used that before, but that was really pleasant.
Working area was not maybe that large, but well designed and useful. Wired internet access provided - price is acceptable for 4* hotel - 7,50 GBP/day. If you're Priority Club member this is complimentary (as free Wi-Fi in lobby/restaurant and 10% discount on any food and drinks in restaurant and bar when charged to your room).
Bathroom was another place which I would like to take home. Fresh, sparkling clean, contemporary, spacious, comfortable. There was bathtub and separate shower. Selection of good quality toiletries provided as well as fluffy towels, bathrobes and slippers. I found that large mirror very useful. Only annoying thing was the toilet flush - after few times you'll get use to that, so no complaints at all.

Overall experience was "Excellent" and my score is 5+. Definitely that is the place to stay in Manchester and I recommend it to all friends and clients (as I'm a travel consultant). I'm sure that pleasant experience I had wasn't the only one, so it's worth to try "your usual Manchester hotels habits" and try Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre next time. Lovely, professional staff, original design, comfortable rooms and great location make it working really well together. I'm sure I will back...

Oh... One more... I liked that they actually read the printed survey you can fill up. I received follow-up email yesterday and I think that's the proper way to deal with guests. I'm sure this hotel would be soon one of the iconic hotel of Manchester. Good luck and thank you.

Room Tip: City view rooms are nice. Bright and alive.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank marqoos_pl
England
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Me and my partner stayed for 1 night, £78 including 2 breakfast, which was a fantastic price considering we paid £78 to stay at premier inn deansgate, for same price just for the room !
We was able to check in early- although this was not a guarenteed request, we was glad we could, very easy, no waiting and friendly receptionist, check out was at 11
Room was so clean and modern, great view from 6 th floor
Shower and bath, had soap, body wash, shampoo and moisturising cream, though if you have sensitive skin use own products !! as they was very rich/strong smelling
Breakfast was very nice, loads of variety, and worth it, served 7-11, and still loads left when we left at 10.40
No car park at hotel but Ncp car park across road, though it was 15.20 for 24 hours, but it was more secure than parking in a cheap open space car parks which were all over, very short walk to arndale and the printworks

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank girlnextdoor26
CrownePlazaManc, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property on trip advisor. It helps us so much maintain our high standard of service. I will be sure to pass on your great comments in regards to reception and breakfast staff. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travel plans permit.

sheff
Reviewed 6 August 2011

went on a hen do 2weeks ago.The hotel was excellent,near to everything .In the rooms we had 2 large double each the safe was free you had to pay for the mini bar frige if you wanted it. Breakfast was excellent!! .We went to the northern quater, to a very nice bar called lamars it has been voted the best bar in manchester on the pride of manchester website, we had a lovely tapas in there,the music was good a very good buzzin bar, we went to cloud nine at the hilton it was ok the drinks were expensive you had to que not all it was made ou to be .Will def go back to the crown plaza and will def vist manchester again had a great girly weekend

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends