“great hotel”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 119 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 30 October 2011

stayed here quite few times. Priority upgrade to club floor is nice, really great rooms and lounge. Staff are great and gym is good if not a bit small. Hotel has no parking but NCP acroos the road is ok. Hotel could sort out a discount for the parking and get wi-fi in the rooms on the club floor to make it even better

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank you for commenting on your resent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester.
I am delighted to read that enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to upgrade you to the club floor with access to the lounge. Complimentary WIFI is available in the bar and reception areas and also in the club lounge on the 8th floor, a cabled connection is also available in the rooms and is complimentary to all Priority Club Members.
We look forward to welcoming you back in near future and thank you for your continued support.
Kind regard

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Wow,what a gem. Modern clean and spacious room. Stayed with z friend, standard twin. We had 2 v comfortable double beds with lots of pillows. Extras like bathrobes etc were lovely. Also struck with how quiet. On 4th floor but no noise at all and I am a light sleeper. Breakfast delicious, good choice and quality. Price was the same asthe premier inn on advanced booking rate! And do so much better!

• Stayed: October 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

We only had a night in Manchester and this hotel was perfect for our needs, as all we needed to do was to shop and then had a great night at the Hard Rock Cafe which was just around the corner from this hotel.
The rooms were clean and very modern and suited our needs for the short time that we were in Manchester.
Would I stay here again - without a doubt, and I would recommend this hotel to anyone that I would know that would be travelling to this city.
Staff at the main reception were efficent and very friendly and could not fault their service at all.
Thanks to all the staff at Crowne Plaza, Manchester.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind comments toward the staff and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

We chose this hotel as we were going to see a show at the MEN arena which is only a 5 min walk away. Although there is no on-site parking available, there is an NCP car park just across the road & it is very well lit. The only downside is that it costs £15.20 for 24 hours. With regards the hotel, we couldn't fault it. The check in staff were very friendly & helpful & the rooms very comfortable with two queen beds in each room. We decided to have a meal before the show & headed to The Printworks which is just down the road, unfortunately our beloved Nandos was too busy but we found an alternative. After an excellent show (Peter Kay) we strolled back to the hotel & enjoyed a comfortable & peaceful night's sleep. Breakfast the next morning was excellent, plenty to choose from including hot & cold choices (the only disappointment was the tea & coffee arrangements with cups & saucers laid out on a table & tea & coffee in jugs, it was a bit 'basic'!) We would definitely return to this hotel in the future though, overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2011

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Manchester for your recent stay in the city.
I am delighted to read that enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be faultless. I will personally pass on your comments to our front desk team, and we are in the process of reviewing our tea and coffee station in the restaurant.
We look forward to welcoming you back in near future

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I chose this hotel in anticipation of a great stay, choosing it over much more convenient hotels closer to where I was doing business.
Check in was functional rather than warm and there was no information offered at all about the hotel of area. It really was nothing more than handing me a room card.
The reception area is very modern but feels rather cold and soulless to be honest.
The bedroom was not very big and had a dreadful view. To make things better the bed (queen sized only) was very comfortable, the TV was modern and large. Tea making, water, safe and iron were all provided.
There was no information in the room that I could find on the hotel facilities.
I received a wake up call very early that was never requested, so who didn't get theirs?
The bathroom was nice with a bath and separate shower and good toiletries.

Breakfast was disappointing and poor value. I would liken it to nothing better (if even as good) as a jury's inn breakfast. Self service, limited choice, average quality. The staff do nothing more than clear tables. I really did expect so much more from a hotel of this standard.

All in all no big issues but I did expect a much better experience from Crowne Plaza and more for the £140 per night price tag!!
I wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com; it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve.

I was concerned to read your comments with regards a recent stay. Your comments do not indicate the style and high levels of service Crowne Plaza Manchester wishes to prevail.

I ask that you please contact me on the below details so I can have the opportunity to discuss your comments with you personally and provide the opportunity to invite you back on a complimentary basis to correct.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Kind Regards,
bob.fairweather@cpmanchester.com

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed here for a couple of nights.

The first issue I encountered was that you must park in the NCP across the road - how can a hotel that was built in the past couple of years not have a car park underground?

The positive sides, although I was directly opposite the lift, it was very quit. The bed was excellent and the room clean.

I was amazed to find that there is no wifi in the rooms, there is a network cable, but this limits use in iPads etc.

Breakfast was very average also.

For a mid / high end hotel at this price point, it was definitely on the disappointing side.

• Stayed: October 2011

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our standards. I am very sorry to read of your dissapointment. With regards to parking we do offer a valet parkijng service if you would prefer us to park the car for you. Likewise complimentary wi-fi internet is available in the public area of the hotel.
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion as I do appreciate that you many choices within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Reviewed 27 October 2011

Stayed recently in a club room as a lovely suprise for my birthday. Can not fault the hotel at all! Room gorgeous. Lovely and clean. Robes and slippers provided and toiletries. Club room with complimentry drinks and snacks available in the evening and continental breakfast in the morning. We actually went to main dining room for full breakfast which was ok. Not the best i've ever had but certainly not the worst! Hotel is well placed for shops restraunts and bars. Had a wonderful time and would definatly return.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay for a birthday surprise at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.