“thank you manchester”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 22 November 2011

i stayed here on saturday the 19th november to enjoy some xmas shopping and the manchester christmas markets it was also to celebrate my daughters 40th birthday we had a wonderfull time the room was loverly and the bed and pillows soooooo comfortable we will be booking the same weekend next year but staying for 2 nights as it is my 60th birthday thank you again for a wonderfull stay ps breakfast was great too xx

Room Tip: i stayed in room 224 it was great
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am so pleased your daughter enjoyed her birthday and I am delighted we will be welcoming you back to the hotel to celebrate your 60th birthday next year. Please contact us at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com before your arrival so we can ensure your birthday stay is extra special.
Bob Fairweather

Write a ReviewReviews (2,637)

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Having stayed with the 'competition' in Manchester the initial impression of this Hotel was the location was slightly outside of the ‘core centre’ of the city. In truth there is little difference and this Hotel can accurately be described as being a centre based Hotel. Stayed during a busy period however this did not distract from an excellent service from staff who addressed my valid concerns including 1) Poor lighting in the rooms (they provided an extra light), 2) Too cold in the room (an extra heater was provided) as ventilation was pushing out only cold air 3) Blocked sink (this was rectified). In general a good offering from Crowne Plaza with polite professional staff. Why this chain in particular (although not on its own) has to consider low lighting in the rooms to be beneficial to guests I cannot work out. There are better alternatives in the city however to be fair overall this is a good quality stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com; it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve. I am sorry to read of the issues you experienced with regards to your room however I am happy to learn we were able to rectify these for you.

I do hope to welcome you back to the hotel when you visit Manachester in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed here one night on a visit to Manchester. A short walk from Picadilly Station. One of the fastest check ins I've had. As a Priority Club member, my room was already assigned, so just asked to sign and given an envelope with my key cards in it. Room was small but very clean and a very comfy bed. Blackout curtains which did the trick nicely as it was a sunny morning when I woke up thanks to my wake up call. If they miss your call, you get the room free, so they called twice just to make sure!

The only negatives were no wifi in the rooms and no shower gel. An MP3 dock would be nice, but I guess it also means no neighbours making noise, so maybe that's a good thing.

I'll certainly add this to my list of hotels to check out when I'm back in town.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the hotel on tripadvisor.com. I am pleased you appriciated the Priority Club Express Check-In experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed here for one night as a family. No cribs or rollaway beds but plenty of room for a 'ready-bed'. We found the valet parking really helpful when we arrived late at night and were unfamiliar with nearest public parking. Reception was quick and efficient and genuinely helpful. They even had a spare iPhone charger which they insisted on bringing to us even though I was happy to collect it.
Room was modern and comfortable. Beds were excellent - firm and pillow topped. Room was very quiet but we are members of the ICH group loyalty club and so were put on the members floor (5th) and got the impression they were only filling every 2nd room.
If I had to give a negative it would be service at breakfast. It's completely self service (including tea and coffee), no music in a high ceiling room which made the atmosphere a little odd. However food quality was good so really can't complain.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Jul06
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. Cribs and rollaway beds are available on request subject to availability.

Thank you for all of your very kind comments and constructive feedback which we appreciate, your comments regarding tea and coffee have be noted and we now service tea and coffee to the table.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

Room 123 - First floor, wide corridor outside the room. Sleep quality was great thanks to 2 x comfortable beds, good blackout curtains and no noise from the corridor or outside.

Tea and coffee facilities, good wardrobs, safe in the room for valuables.

Bathroom is very nice too - only I had to run hot water only to get a warmish bath, and only 1 large towel for two people?

Black and white there in the room splashes of red.
Temperature control in the bedroom was excellent too.

Location was super for me, will suit most people who need the Center, Arndale, etc.
Breakfast - in the cafe over the road, good value, good food - sorry hotel, but its better value over the road.
Hotel staff were very good, friendly and efficient.
Overall, pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.

I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to appreciate the contemporary design of the hotel.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

We have recently stayed in the Manchester Hilton and Marriott as well as in the Crowne Plaza. Because of its Tripadvisor rating, we expected the Crowne Plaza to be the best of the three, but it was the worst. The good points were the bathroom (especially the shower), the bed and the valet parking. However, we had issues with both the room and the food. The room was too small, and too dark because of having a small window and inadequate lighting. The housekeeping was hit and miss in that we were only given one bathrobe, one pair of slippers and one hand towel for two people. We were surprised there was no information in the room on the facilities in the hotel. The breakfast was basic and the quality and variety was less than we would expect from a Crowne Plaza, and was definitely inferior to that in the Hilton.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn99

Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback which we appreciate in assisting us with areas we needs to target to improve on. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion as I do appreciate that you have alternative preference within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I stayed for three nights in November 2011 when doing some work at the MEN Arena. The hotel is only steps away from the Arndale Centre and the centre of the city. The rooms have a great quality feel to them and are stylishly decorated. The curtains are thick and black the room out perfectly. The temperature control is responsive and simple. The bathroom has a separate bath and shower cubicle which I really liked as some mobility issues can make it a challenge to climb over a bath side when I am stiff first thing in the morning.

There isn't parking at the hotel but the Printworks NCP car park is virtually opposite. I didn't eat the breakfast so I can't comment on that but everything else was exactly how I needed and wanted it, hence the full five out of five.

Being in the priority club got me free internet which was a bonus.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FoxyWM
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your resent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and thank you for you kind comments, these are greatly appreciated we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when your travel plans permit.
Best wishes