“Luxury”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Very nice Hotel with good facilities and nice staff and ideal for city centre shopping and visiting the worlds greatest club man Utd

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Darlodp
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza on the Saturday 7th April using the points on our Priority Club card as a reward night. I had read the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor and I must say I was a little disappointed.

We queued to check in and were given a room on the 6th floor, there was another queue for the lift as one was out of order and ended up walking up the stairs with our suitcases.
The corridors are quite dark and could do with sprucing up, they are quite wide though so I was surprised when we got to our room as it was quite small. The décor was fashionable complete with flat screen TV, comfy bed and mirrored wardrobe. The bathroom was contemporary and clean with a bathroom and shower. There were plenty of power points and light switches for various spot lights in the room.

We didn’t go for breakfast but cannot comment on that, but we did visit the gym and this was quite small and had mainly cardio equipment.

On checking out I noticed an empty pint glass on the corridor and the lift was still broken. All in all I probably wouldn’t stay here again, instead I would save points or money by staying at the Holiday Inn Express on Oxford Road if I wasn’t too fussed about location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

Dear Beebz,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I greatly appreciate you calling out the good qualities also. We are continually striving to improve the hospitality we offer, and comments from our guests are always welcome. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you. We appreciate the feedback that we receive as this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer.

Best wishes,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I came here for my birthday had a wonderful time ! the facilities were great ! having the internet in the club room useful. Me and my friend had a good night sleep. bathroom was spotless. the dressing gowns were nice and I thought it was a lovely well decorated hotel !!

Room Tip: Having the club lounge available is a very good facility to have.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us on your birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

This hotel is situated in the centre of Manchester, close to the Arndale shopping centre and a number of other key facilities. There are some nice bars and restaurants in the area too and I'd recommend heading out for a stroll to take in the city.

The rooms themselves were tastefully decorated and very modern. I was given a disabled access room which was a good size but there were a number of difficult doors to navigate on the way (I'm not disabled yet still found these difficult to open!).

The bar was nice and informal too and breakfast was brilliant - the buffet selection was excellent and the black pudding was sliced up in massive portions which was great.

Parking was a bit of an issue - it's valet parking only (which I'm not a fan of) and there was no-one there to park my vehicle at the time, so I parked in the Paintworks bus station across the road instead which was £16 for an overnight stay.

Although a little further away from my destination I wold stay here again if driving.

Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a number of occasions so I thought it was time to write and review. Located right next to the Arndale Centre and a short 5 minute walk to Deansgate and the MEN arena, it really is positioned in great spot in the city centre. Parking is in the adjacent multi storey car park and costs around 15 pounds for the night or alternatively they offer a valet service for around the same price, which comparably seems good value for money. The rooms are very clean and modern with all up to date amenities, just what you would expect from a relatively new hotel. We have never had a problem checking in or out and the staff are always friendly and helpful. We have eaten in the Glass House restaurant on a number of occasions and for me the breakfast buffet is one of the best I've had with just about everything you would want in the morning. The menu in the evening I would say is reasonably priced, however, I am certainly not greedy but I find the portions a bit small, having said that the food is always very nice. We are sure to be back in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review. The Management and Staff of the Crowne Plaza Manchester appreciate all of our guests, especially those that take time out of their busy day to write a review about their stay. Reviews from our guests, be they good or bad, help us gauge what we are doing well and what we need to improve on.

I very much hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre on the next occasion you visit Manchester.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed by Staff the food and the quality of the rooms.
I had a club room which had all the little things you would expect from a CP hotel. The beds are to die for.
Nothing was to much trouble for the staff.

I had lunch with a colleague and it was really really good.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Manchester as it is also a good price for what you get.

The only small minus point was the fact that room had a very small window so the natural light was small.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our high standards. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre the next time your travel plans permit.

Thank you for your kind comments towards our hotel and staff. I will pass on your great comments accordingly

Reviewed 1 April 2012

Priority club members have their own floor. Worth upgrading to get access to the lounge on floor 8. Great views, attentive staff, good room service. Recommended for business or pleasure.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank hccook
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.