“Great quality, modern hotel.”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel; very modern design and well located for the city centre shops

The room was a good size, with a large very comfortable King bed and work desk. The bathroom was well lit, but could have been better designed as the shower was a bit tight to get to due to the way the doors open.

Service was good at the hotel, and breakfast staff were attentive. The breakfast was a buffet style with a wide selection of hot and cold items; despite having breakfast later in the service there was still a full selection available.

The main shops and city centre are moments away, as are tram/bus links.

Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We've just returned from a family weekend trip at the Manchester Crown plaza, having stayed at 2 Plaza's in London i was sure this would be adequate for my young family to stay in as I've always had a lovely stay before. Unfortunately I feel alittle let down by the size of room for 2adults & 2children, and let down by the service of staff. I was quiet shocked at the small room we arrived in 2 small than double beds with a tiny wardrobe not for 4persons cloths for the weekend, tiny 'bathroom size window' so very dark and no space to store our bags or case so left near the door! When I asked for bigger room I was told all rooms were this size and no big ones available to pay for upgrade. (419) dont take if your a family of 4!. Then our first morning of breakfast, we all sat down having got our hot food, for my youngest to ask for bathroom (typical!) so my husband takes her then my other asked for more melon so I literally nip to the fruit section for 2mins with her to get back & discover our whole table of breakfast had been cleared!!! all plates inc mine, girls & husbands. He was very apologetic 'please go get some more' by now I was beyond wanting to do it all again! So coffee & croissant.
Then after our full day of shopping & Lion King, we thought we'd eat at the hotel restaurant....Opens at 5.30pm we were the first in & to order at 5.45pm and I specifly asked for the childrens meals asap..well 6.50pm (remember the only ones to order!) we received our food after asking 3times but getting more annoyed that the waitress never returned to tell us whats happened always sending her manager and then staying away from us! When finally arrived my husband didnt get what he asked for, which he was told would have to wait another 20mins for the turkey by now he was wound up and not willing to wait so did not eat. By now it was full & not enough staff, we quickly got the girls deserts around 7.25pm. The manager was very apologetic again (which I did feel sorry for him as he also had several people leave as they were waiting so long and his 1 waitress was quite frankley not very much use)!! It got even better after settling the girls in our box room & tv on 6 silent, for the fire alarm to go off & scare the life out of us all about 10.20pm for 5mins, trying to ring reception or anyone, no answer at all for over 20mins??? So when it was turned off we stayed put as was not taking girls out at that time and was not told or contacted to leave again? we had no idea what was going on? clearly false alarm as no fire! Then after that what seemed like the staff entrance out of our tiny window I saw some idiot jump on his motorbike & sit there for at least 10mins revving the loudest engine ever waking them up again to then finally sod off!! so to say we had a lovely relaxing weekend stay would be an understatment I'd say!! The hotels interior was lovely and what food we got to try was nice, I just felt staff were the let down here as I've stayed in Crown Plaza's before and their staff have always been so competent and so efficient I was so disappointed, I wouldn't be returning here again.

Room Tip: maybe look before accept!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback of your recent experience. We strive to ensure every guest has a wonderful experience here and appreciate being made aware when they don't. I am concerned to read your review and I am very sorry that you did not have a positive visit. I am most keen to look into your feedback in more detail and would be very grateful if you could contact the hotel directly at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com.

Bob Fairweather

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Hotel located rigth in the center, 20 minuts drive from the airport and close to a number of christmas markets. Modern and very smart hotel. Varm welcome in reception and fast checkin. Room very modern and spacy with all needed, high bed , could be a litle harder. Nice soft carpet and every thing very clean. Internet fast and good. Bathroom large and with both shower and bathtub. Did have a room on the first floor to the strett side, were a bit noice from trafic both in evening and morning so do recommend room higher up and to the back side of the hotel.Was offered addapter for power supply to computer.Staff very helpfull and proff. Do recommend the hotel for business, for holiday i would look for a hotel with a bit more atmosphaere. Will be back

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments onto the Tripadvisor website following your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester. I was delighted to read of your positive comments about your stay especially around the excellent welcome that you received at the Hotel.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

So loved this hotel. Superb, superb,superb location. We came for a concert last December and so enjoyed our two days here. I had booked a Club room but had no idea the advantages yo get. Room was beautiful huge King size bed. Located on 8th floor your key gives you access to special club room for nibbles and free drinks. Also you can just go chill out here. Unlimited free beverages all day.
We stayed Friday and Saturday night and total cost was only £240.00 considering it was close to xmas and big concert in town, and club room advantages I feel was a huge bargain.
Staff and service excellent (apart from one barman who wrong changed me of £20.00 and didnt seem too apolgetic, but more interested in spinning cocktails to impress some single females nearby) took our bags early as we arrived at 10.00am form flight and stored bags late for evening flight. Fast checkout and very helpful ringing taxis.
Would love come back again and stay here. I have tried to get Glasgow hotel for similiar price but no chance the club room is double what we paid for two nights.
Thanks for a memorable weekend!

Room Tip: Go Club Level if possible- the view and perks are spectacular
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to make use of the facilities in the club lounge.

Hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 November 2012

I stayed here on 17th November with my husband and another couple. I was very impressed with the room facilities and decor.

We drank at the bar later and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast is buffet style and has a good choice. It is centrally located, brillant for the shops and restaurants. I will definitely stay again when in Manchester.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2012

Stayed here with my husband for my birthday treat. We were both very happy with this hotel. Location is great, just a few minutes walk from Victoria station and literally around the corner from the Northern Quarter. We were met with a cheerful receptionist and nice clean, open lobby area. The restaurant/bar is next to reception, again liked the look of it but didn't indulge in drinks there as we were wanting to head to the Northern Quarter.
After getting out of the lift to make our way to our room, the cleaners were busy but stopped to say hello which, again made the place feel nice and friendly. Our room was a standard double but we were more than happy with it, it had a bit of a retro feel to it and good views. It did not smell and was very clean (unlike our experience at the Mecure Picadilly).
We had breakfast the following morning at the hotel, the usual buffet hot and cold choices, and again, friendly staff who promptly offered us tea/coffee.
Overall we both decided that this was our favourite hotel in Manchester and we will be visiting again. For the price you pay it's brilliant value for money in a great loacation with staff who are a credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Thank you for your recent review, I am delighted that you chose to celebrate your special occasion at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind comments towards our hotel and staff. I will pass on your great comments accordingly. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very basic, other than for Gill Brunt at the front office, it is also an infriendly place. Breakfast is also as basic as it can get, they could not even find some Tobasco or chilli sauce. Cheap but also rather nasty. The gym is a joke, about the size of a bathroom, and one (of 2!) treadmills broken.

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns and compliments regarding our hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you.