“Top quality hotel, great location, great price”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 14 June 2013

having stayed in Manchester a few times over the years I opted for the Crowne Plaza recently and was delighted that I did. I guess it's new, otherwise I would have noticed it before.

Everything is modern, tasteful and clean. At the price I paid it was extremely good value for money. Facilities are good, the view from my higher-level room was really nice. I used the restaurant, which served great food efficiently through its attentive, professional staff. Breakfast was an equally pleasant experience.

I will use this hotel every time I come to Manchester in the future, there's no point looking elsewhere when you've found something this good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

As a regular visitor to Manchester we are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us and intend to return in the future.

On behalf of all the team here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre I would like to thank you for your kind feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Location is good; 15 or 20-minute walk (at my slow pace) from Piccadilly Train Station. NCP car park next door £15 for 24 hours. I got the impression that the hotel might have special arrangement with another car park nearby. Professional and friendly staff at reception and restaurant. 24-hour gym and free Wi-Fi are available.
My room 114 which I guess is a standard room, is clean, spacious, with good facilities and modern and relatively tasteful décor. The bathroom is nice and bright. The bed is comfortable, air conditioning is effective and the room is quiet enough. I did have a good night sleep. However, it would be easier for me to do some paperwork if the room was a bit brighter (good excuse for me being lazy for once though) and I was unable to locate the bathrobe and the slippers as advertised on their website. Also, the connection of the tv was slightly unstable.
The breakfast wasn't bad at all. It's a nice restaurant - had snacks and dinner there before and enjoyed them thoroughly. Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for all of your very kind comments and constructive feedback which we appreciate.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here when we went to see a show at the MEN, when we booked in we were initially disappointed to be told we had a twin room, rather than a double... however, when we got to our room, there were two king size beds. Bonus! Best night's sleep ever.

Price was reasonable and the breakfast was great in the morning, just what the doctor ordered after a heavy night.

Staff were all very courteous and professional.

Be aware that parking is an issue, you have to pay to park in an NCP - there is one pretty much opposite the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rocksavagegal

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your most recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing sleep, and found the close proximity of the hotel to the Manchester Arena to be so convenient.
We look forward to welcoming you back in he future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I think the Crowne Plaza is classed as a five star hotel but it not quite that. The hotel as little to no parking and you need to park it is in close by NCP's the rooms are OK but a little tired and worn in places. The room was clean and had a comfortable bed.

The late room rate was good we were charged a little over £100 for two of us and this included breakfast. So at least the price was not five star so all in all OK for the money paid.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to the MEN arena and a ten minute walk will get to the arena and less into the A...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, It helps us enormously to maintain our standards.

The Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre is a four star hotel and I am pleased that you feel the stay was value for money.

I very much hope to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre on the next occasion you visit Manchester.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Fantastic location. City centre and very close to the arndale Centre and Harvey nicks. We stayed in a family room which was 2 double beds. Interior of the room was very modern with a wall mounted plasma tv and excellent furniture. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms have separate showers. The receptionist was absolutely lovely and couldn't help us enough. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but when we came back, they had delivered our bags to our room. We didn't have breakfast but everywhere looked very clean and modern.

Overall, a lovely experience and I'd recommend this hotel time and time again

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read of your positive comments about your stay especially around the excellent welcome that you received at reception.

We hope to welcome you back should you visit Manchester in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

My partner stayed here last night after a concert. This hotel is fabulous, from checking in the service was so impressive. Our room was immaculate and all the little extras eg, dressing gowns, mini bar, free wifi ensured our stay was stress free. We ordered room service and although a little pricey the food was delicious. Totally worthy of the 4 star rating. Wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

I am so pleased to hear that you and your partner had memorable stay with us Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, and for your lovely comments about the bedroom and room service.

I hope we will be welcoming you all back soon

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza as there was no Intercontinental Hotel in the city, which is my preferred choice as an Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador Member. The room was pleasant, with a well laid out bathroom and nice shower. The check in was very efficient. Air conditioning worked efficiently, room was quiet, and the check out was also fast and efficient and they got a taxi for me within 90 seconds.

But I felt that the Executive Lounge was not up to IHG standards; I was not expecting the quality of service you get in Intercontinental Club Lounges (6*) in a 4* hotel, but I was expecting something similar to Hilton Club floors. There was only one member of staff available, although he was very helpful and friendly, but he was having problems getting drinks for the number of people in the lounge. The breakfast choice in the lounge was also disappointing for a basic continental breakfast, in that the range of fruit was limited as were the pastries.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tony1046
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com; it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with regards to the Club Lounge facilities. Please accept my most sincere apologies for this it is never our intention for any of our guests to leave dissatisfied in any way.

If you would like to discuss these points any further, then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.