“Ideal hotel for Arena and shopping in Manchester City Centre”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #17 of 121 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Chose the hotel based primarily on the location and easy access to the Arena and shopping in Manchester City Centre. Having stayed at a number of Crowne Plaza Hotels in the past, I knew the quality and was not disappointed. We chose a Queen double room, which was spacious with very good bathroom facilities. The room was well presented and of a very good standard of cleanliness. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel is within a 5 minute walk of the Phones4U Arena and 2 minutes walk to the Arndale Centre and the nightlife of the bars in the Printworks. I would not hesitate using this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com.

I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the surroundings of the Crowne Plaza as well.

Your comments will certainly be passed on to all the staff here at the hotel.

Kind regards

Bob Fairweather

Write a ReviewReviews (2,635)

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Superb 5th floor "Club" room ....2 double beds. Clean,hygienic with modern decor.

Use of 8th floor club lounge for drinks, canapes (disappointing) and continental breakfast (pedestrian and unimaginative).

All in all it's conveniently located for the city centre, suitable for overnight stays.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your candid feedback. I am grateful for your compliments on our Club room and constructive feedback.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any short comings you encountered during your stay and thanks to your comments these have been shared with the management team and have been reviewed and actions have been taken to improve upon the areas highlighted.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Not the first time I have stayed here. It's my hotel of choice for Manchester. On checking in another irate guest was making a complaint, and the manager on duty dealt with the lady in a very professional manner, I thought.

Rooms are good. Location is central and very convenient. Service at breakfast seemed a little stretched, although they were very busy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.
I'm pleased that you enjoyed your visit and I will ensure that your feedback regarding breakfast service is passed to the relevant teams to be addressed. It is in fact through comments like yours that we can maintain our high standards.

Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with work for 3 nights. The hotel is very modern and trendy. My room was large with two double beds - the beds were especially comfortable. Wifi available in the room but its not the fastest wifi- - you have to pay for a fast connection. However I was able to log into work and use Facetime.

Drinks a expensive in the bar.

Breakfast very very good but its very busy trying to get a table.

Great location for central manchester - 2 minute walk to the Arndale

If you get chance go for a meal to Picollinos - fantastic!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for all of your comments and constructive feedback, it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve. I do appreciate the candid feedback we receive from valued guests such as youself and we welcome any opportunity to improve upon the high standards of service we pride ourselves on. I am pleased you had a great stay and I do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a city break with friends and family. The location is second to none, a minute away from the Arndale Centre. The room was spotless and comfortable. Serving Starbucks in the lobby was a lovely touch. The staff were very helpful. Two slight criticisms-the toilet was very difficult to flush and on the second night, the aircon started to rattle.

Stayed: November 2013
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the little issues you experienced in your room. I am sorry if these were not fixed before you left.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

hotel had good central location.
room was very nice ,modern clean and all you needed,hairdryer,, iron and board ,safe,tea coffee ect, minibar if required.
hot buffet breakfast very good and all other foods you may like for breakfast cereal,juice, toast, jam, pastries ect.
the only fault I could find was the bar did not have any atmosphere but did'ent bother us as we only had time for one drink there. there are so many bars to chose from in Manchester it did'ent matter.
all in all a nice hotel and very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: we had standard room which had two queen size beds and large flat screen tv very modern room with ve...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear marjorie c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review. I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the room amenities and the kindness of our staff, your comments will be certainly passed on to the entire team here at the hotel.

We all look forward to welcoming to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre soon.

Thank you again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Mixed feelings on my trip to the CP. The disappointment arose on the first night of a two night stay, when having booked several months in advance, a standard room, checked into the hotel to find we were given a disabled friendly room. Believe me...the bathroom was horrible and very off putting. Ringing down to reception, we were told they were fully booked so had to make do, and they would try to move us the following day. My gripe being, they must have known this when they over sold the rooms ? Why did they not tell us at reception, before we opened the door to an inadequate room? I appreciate the following day being moved to a junior suite-which was a very nice room indeed-but it misses the point that the hotel created this situation in the 1st place. ( and not for the first time reading reviews). This aside, the rooms were spotless, beds lovely, staff very friendly ( albeit the initial inability to help and rather poor advice given of writing to the US head office to complain...and making me feel if was my fault the hotel had over booked ). Breakfast was average, great idea having the potato cakes-plus point. Usual standard buffet. Would definitely return to a CP- but think I'll stick to the one in Birmingham that I find seemless.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear guest,
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and apologise if you felt the room on your first night was not to your liking. I am pleased however our team were able to rectify the situation for you and you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments. Rest assured that these will be shared with our management team to ne reviewed.

Kind Regards