“Excellent Hotel near Arndale Centre in Manchester”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 116 Hotels in Manchester
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel near Arndale Centre in Manchester”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a very good hotel near to one of Manchester's main shopping centres. While the area around is run down and there are too many car parks this hotel is very close and convenient to a shopping centre.
The rooms are spacious clean and airy.
The staff are very good and helpful. I forgot my cufflinks and one of the staff brought a pair of his own in to lend me - service over and above.
The bar and restaurant are good if a little functional. The food is good and good value.
It is good value and if you need to be in this area of Manchester the place to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I am most pleased that our staff went above and beyond and offered to lend their own cufflinks to you. Your kind comments will be shared with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
Bob Fairweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Holbeach, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on various occasions for work and is a professional but friendly place where every need is catered for and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The city centre is at your doorstep so easily accessible for someone even like me who can't walk too much. And when I was there near Christmas they sent me a lovely Christmas card!

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Lisa

Thank you very for sharing your comments, I am delighted you have continued to stay with us and hope you continue to do so whether its for work or leisure. Your kind comments have been shared with the team and we hope you can stay this Christmas as well, please can you make contact to guest.relations@cpmanchester.com if you are planning on visiting us again soon.

Thank you once again and Merry Christmas!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

New hotel near the hear of Manchester where I spent one night for business. Hotel is clean, modern/trendy styled but does not give a warm feeling overall. The bedroom has got it, bed is truly good and one of the best I spent a night on this year. The breakfast for this level of hotel was not impressive at all, I had superior first of the day meals in lesser rated properties. Not much of a choice and truly standard. Considering hotel pricing it would deserve a step to impress me. Furthermore, but I am truly anti, I did not like the Starbucks onsite for getting your coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com; it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve. I was saddened to read your comments about the ambiance and I am sorry the breakfast experience did not meet up to your standards. Please rest assure your comments are important to us and I have shared them with the management team to discuss and use to improve the guest experience. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the bedrooms and I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of our beds.

Thank you once again and I do appreciate that you have alternative preferences within the city, however I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel when you next visit the city.
Kind Regards,
General Manager – Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Stayed for 1 night to visit Christmas market. Easy to find with a great central location, booking in was so easy and staff so helpfull. Are room on the first floor was spotless,modern and very comfortable. Good size bath separate shower, great toiletries and large fluffy towels. The bed was the best I have ever slept in, full size mirrors, nice tea tray. Comfortable chair and stool a bonus. The dining room bright airy and very clean, attentive friendly staff and a great choice for breakfast. Top quality food and drinks. W e all enjoyed our stay and will be back next year. Well done and a merry Christmas to all at the Crowne Plaza.
John T

Room Tip: Many sites for this hotel found Booking.com at £102 per couple including breakfast a great deal
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and hope you enjoyed the Xmas markets too. I will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team.
We wish you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year too.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
Hoofddorp, The Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We arrived on Saturday the 23rd at 13:40 to be welcomed by lady, who was a trainee. She was smiley and friendly and informed us that the room was not ready until 14:00. No problem we waited in the bar and had a drink. The bar was very nicely decorated and the Guinness was great. We went back to check in at about 14:10 with the same lady. She did not ask how long we were staying, what type of room we were in or if we wished to leave a credit card for extras. She was too busy upselling breakfast to us. This she did for only one morning even though we were staying two nights. We got to the room and found it was a double bed when we booked a twin. We rang back down to the reception and they said that we should wait in the room and we would be downgraded to a standard twin but could still use the club lounge. We were OK with this and two minutes later we had a knock at the door. A housekeeping porter asked if we were moving and we assumed he would be assisting us. We walked out of the room and he went back to work. We informed him we had been told to wait in the room but he said no we should go downstairs to reception. We did this while a lady was on her way up to give us our new keys. She then came back downstairs and we received the keys to a Club twin room!?!
The receptionist also explained about the use of the club lounge, breakfast times etc.
We had room service that afternoon and the food was very good. Many compliments to the chef. We took a beer and a water from the minibar when we first got in the room and then the minibar was locked. If the receptionist had asked for a pre authorisation on check in we wouldn't have had the issue.
The housekeeping maids we met on the floor were also very friendly.
The room was a bit stuffy and lacked ventilation. It would have been nice to open a window just a tiny bit. The shower cubicle was small and not great for two 6'4" well built blokes. The grout in the shower had black stains on it and there were leak marks on the ceiling by the spotlights. The beds were extremely comfortable.
The breakfast was great with a good variety of cooked items. The supervisor there was very helpful as were the serving staff.
The bar staff on Sunday evening were like chalk and cheese. The blonde gentleman was very friendly. The black haired gentleman acted as if I was a nuisance to him and didn't say please or thank you. If you don't like to serve people don't work in hospitality!
I had breakfast in the Club Lounge on Monday morning and the gentleman working in there was very helpful and friendly. The girl who checked us out was not. Monday morning blues probably.
The hotel was in a great location for the City of Manchester stadium but that is one of only a couple of pluses. I would not chose to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
We really appreciate receiving such a detailed review following your experience at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I would like to sincerely apologise for any problems you encountered with regards to your stay. Please rest assure this is not the normal high levels of service the hotel wishes to prevail. It is our aim to continue to improve upon the service we provide. Therefore your comments are extremely important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary steps to ensure similar situations are avoided in the future. We appreciate your candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to make improvements. I am most keen for us to discuss the details with you further if you are happy to. Please could you contact us at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com.

Bob Fairweather
We look forward to hearing from you
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

A shopping weekend visit. Rooms were stylish and had comfy beds. The reception were helpful and any communications with the hotel prior to our arrival were dealt with.

We used the valet service as we weren't sure about parking in the city. Had to leave car outside the hotel on double yellow lines with hazards on due to a bus being parked in the small bay (also marked with double yellows), but there's plenty of room on the road to allow other users to pass. Valet service was efficient and we were happy. Maybe the option to extend parking by the hour after the first 24 hours could be considered by the hotel for the future? If you don't want to use valet parking there are car parks in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

We ate in the hotel restaurant in the evening and thoroughly enjoyed a tasty meal, made even better by the excellent value as we had the set 3 course menu with wine.

The fitness room is a cv fitness room with a couple of resistance machines and no free weights. But it was clean and not busy so we had a good session for what we wanted.

We would definitely stay and eat here again in the future. I really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Many thanks for taking the time to write this great review - I am delighted that you had a great shopping weekend at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. Your comments about the hotel are most kind, and I'll be sure to pass them on to the team.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you all back soon.

Kind regards
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

i had dinner with my wife on 22nd of this month, would like to thanks for the excellent service i received in the restaurant specially by the host explaining the menu and suggesting the wine for me. The food was really of high standard and would recommend this hotel for dinning to my friends.

Room Tip: Beautiful restaurant and great service
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your experience of our hotel and restaurant. I will certainly forward your compliments to the restaurant manager and his team. I hope to welcome you back again very soon.