Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
US$137
US$125
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Manchester(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$100
Travelocity
US$95
  • Free Internet
2,678 results
All reviewsthe club loungenorthern quartercity centrebooked a club roommen arenabath and separate showertwo double bedsprint worksfloor to ceiling windowscar parkcontinental breakfastlovely hotelbars and restaurantsvictoria stationstandard roomfew minutes walkmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My partner and I stayed on Friday 6th December to attend a concert at the M.E.N on Friday night ,followed by shopping the following morning.Brilliant location,just a nice distance from the arena by foot and the Arndale too.Very helpful hotel staff.Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: December 2013
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience following your recent visit. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending us. Your kind comments regarding the hotel and service of our staff will be shared with the team.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Manchester City Centre Crowne Plaza is the perfect location. We decided to visit the Christmas Markets in Manchester and decided on the Crowne Plaza as our base. we were not disappointed, traveling with two under four's space is what is needed and the room that we stopped in (621) was lovely both décor wise and also size. The location of the hotel was excellent for our shopping trip with just a short walk in to the CityCentre. Parking is good - you can elect for Valet parking which is £16 or self park which is just across the road which is £9 (Dec 13 prices) which is what we decided upon.

Staff both on reception and within the Bar and Restaurant were excellent and could not do enough for us and our two little cherubs. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others - thank you for a lovely stay Crowne Plaza - we will definitely be back :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to write this great review - I am delighted that you and your family had a terrific time at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. Your comments about the staff are most kind, and I'll be sure to pass them on to the team.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to welcome you all back soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Another great stay here but if you have a choice not to stay in room 727 don't as it is immediately under the club room which has a tiled floor. Every sound reverberates into the room making for an awful nights sleep. Saying that though, Maryenn on reception was fabulous and got me moved efficiently.

Otherwise a great hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: Avoid room 727
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I apologise for any disturbance in the first room allocated to you however I am happy that our staff managed to rectify the situation for you. I will ensure Maryenn receives your compliments.

I hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I booked the Crowne Plaza via booking.com and paid over £200 for a double room. This was supposed to be a romantic break for me and my hubby before the madness of christmas, just some chill time together....

Arrival - seemed like absolute chaos as so many people were waiting to check in and I assume this is why we did not receive what I would consider to be a 'welcome' don't get me wrong not expecting a red carpet but more than a 'next' approach would have been nice. Room not ready until 14:00 no big shakes and able to leave the bags.

Location - it is a very short walk to the hive of activity around Deansgate BUT please note this hotel is located opposite the bus interchange bit of a rough area. There is no onsite car park and allow circa £15 per day to park your car in a nearby car park.

Rooms - very clean and obviously a recently refurbished hotel. Beds are firm but comfortable and nice comfy pillows. The main reason I actually did not go as far as to rate the hotel 'poor'.

Food - not the best breakfast at all. Tables super close together, no I am not a big girl, I am a size 8/10 but my bottom seemed to be in the face of the guest next to me when I stood to go to the buffet. Had to wait at the buffet for various things from the hot menu to be replenished as there were three empty containers!

On arrival there were a number of groups waiting to check in so I am truly flummoxed as to why they chose to place a couple in a room opposite the lift! Think someone else has left a similar review on here - bet it is the same room (305 for those of you that need to avoid it). Noise from the road, the bus terminal was bad enough but couple that with drunken groups at the lift, meant very little sleep for either of us :(

I did call down to reception to request ear plugs to be told they did not have any. Now, having travelled extensively and stayed in city hotels where noise could be an issue this annoyed me more than ever. So many hotels understand the limitations of their location but have the decency to set expectation at the start with a bowl of 'free ear plugs for your comfort' at the reception.

The attitude was even more annoying of the person whom answered the telephone as there was simply no concern there at all as to our comfort.

I would never book this hotel again and have asked that it is on our 'blacklist' as a company as I can cope with most things but lack of sleep is not one of them!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I was very saddened to read your comments and I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused, it is never our intention for any of our guests to leave dissatisfied. I have taken the time to investigate your comments with the team and I am most keen to discuss the points with you mentioned further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly at guest.relations@cpmanchester.com.

Once again we regret your disappointment and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to show you our normal high standards of service we provide to guests.

Kinds Regards

Reviewed 1 December 2013

2 night stay with friends. Fab 2 min walk to arndale...brilliant cafe north next door for breakie lunch booze coffee etc.... Go to spa satori behind hotel for brilliant relaxing facial or massage. Great value. Overall. 100% for our stay Will be back

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us to maintain our standards. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoy the facilities in and around the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.