“Our hidden gem in Manchester”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 12 December 2013

This is our go-to hotel for when we want to stay in a central location in Manchester without paying 5 star prices. It is excellent value for money. The rooms are always clean, very comfortable, and if you're lucky you'll even get one with a view of the city. I'd highly recommend getting a club room, as it means you get to use the club lounge. I often sneak in there in my dressing gown get a couple of coffees and pastries and head back to the room to great my other half with a breakfast in bed.

When we've stayed here in the past we've bumped into celebrities in the bar as a lot of people stay there for gigs at the MEN and during the football matches.

The bar is great value, and although it does get busy at peak times, the staff are still friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your most recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay, as well as using the club lounge and bar. It is an immense pleasure to hear such kind words, please be assured that I have passed these on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back where a warm welcome will await you.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

but alas. The coffee at breakfast is clearer than dishwater and tastes like it too. no aroma, no depth, no taste. in fact I wouldn't state on oath that it actually is coffee. Ok I can be a coffee snob, but this is ridiculous.
Rooms ok and unexceptional. staff smile which helps.

r

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear mozart21 ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We apologize you were not well satisfied with the coffee we offer. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 10 December 2013

visited the christmas markets again as a birthday treat .We were given an upgrade for my birthday thank you it was lovely .All the staff were friendly and could not have been more helpfull definately will return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your stay, I'm very happy you enjoyed your birthday treat at the Christmas Markets and the time spent at the hotel, we pride ourselves on the friendliness of the staff and will I pass your comments on to the teams.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for an Anniversary treat and to be honest the hotel was great. The room was nice if a little small, staff were lovely, bar was nice and the food we had in there was also really nice (chips being surprisingly good for a hotel!).

However we had one problem. We paid for a club suite which according to the hotel website are all on the 8th floor. My partner complained and out cards were changed so we could access the club lounge (which we never actually did) but were told the room actually was a club suite. The website contradicted this which annoyed us. We didn't complain further as we didn't want to get into a row on a special weekend.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am saddened by your review and I am sorry to read of the issues you experienced with regards to your experience with the room. It is our aim to continue to improve upon the service we provide. Therefore your comments are extremely important to us. The feedback we receive from valued guests like yourself, enables us to target any problem areas and take the necessary steps to ensure similar situations are avoided in the future. We appreciate your candid feedback and welcome any opportunity to make improvements. Therefore we are most keen to discuss this with you further. Please kindly send your details to guest.relations@cpmanchester.com so that we can look into this in more detail.

I do appreciate that you have alternative options when it comes to lodging however I do hope that we can welcome you back to show you how our normal high standards to service are.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed just one night in room 523 service, food, cleanliness and room all first class, we were offered a upgrade as it was a gift for my birthday but we declined as we wanted a 2 double bedded room and the room was lovely with extremely comfy beds..we hope to visit again

Stayed: December 2013
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read your positive comments about your experiences at the hotel especially around the excellent service that you encountered. Please be assured that all comments we receive at the hotel are shared with the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion that you are in Manchester .

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We came down from Scotland for the night and I can say that this was a beautiful hotel. Rooms are beautful and very romamtic. 5mins walk to the centre with some fab shops. Only thing I will say the prices for drink is far too expencive. £7 for a small glass of wine so I thought id get a bottle for £22 as I knew I'd like a few. However I did google the price of the bottle and it was only a £6.49 bottle dont understand how they can charge this much more..also a pint of peroni was £6.. wouldnt stop me from staying here again would just bring my own bottle of wine..

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am delighted you had a great stay and thank you for your compliments and constructive feedback. We do constantly monitor our drinks prices to keep them competitive with other hotel prices however I will ensure your comments are shared with our F&B manager to take on board.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My partner and I stayed on Friday 6th December to attend a concert at the M.E.N on Friday night ,followed by shopping the following morning.Brilliant location,just a nice distance from the arena by foot and the Arndale too.Very helpful hotel staff.Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your experience following your recent visit. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending us. Your kind comments regarding the hotel and service of our staff will be shared with the team.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon.