“AVOID LOW FLOOR ROOMS”

Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre
Ranked #16 of 118 Hotels in Manchester
“AVOID LOW FLOOR ROOMS”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before and usually stay in the Club rooms on the 8th floor, which may I say are fantastic! This time someone else booked the room and was booked as a standard, allocated a room on the 4th floor at check-in. The room itself is still great not as wow as the club floor rooms but still impressive for a standard, clean, roomy, good size bathroom etc However you can hear the noise from every single bus/car that drives by the front of the hotel. The windows are absolutely crap and useless when it comes to keeping noise out. As soon as it hits 0600am wether you like it or not your up! And there's no getting back to sleep as it's just so loud. I'm writing this review at 0700am on a Saturday morning laying in bed at the hotel. So my advice if you are planning on staying I would suggest probably 6/7th floor or above :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review. I am saddened to hear that your last stay was not as positive as the others.
Next time you visit us please let us know by sending us an email and we will try to accommodate you in the best possible way.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards

Bob Fairweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza as an anniversary break for myself and my husband. When we arrived they advised me that we had been upgraded to a club room and had even left us a bottle of wine in our room as an anniversary gift! The room was clean and although small was very comfortable.
As we were in a club room we had access to a private lounge with drinks and canapes before heading out to the xmas markets.
Breakfast was buffet stlye and there was plenty of choice. I have nothing to complain about with this hotel, the staff were excellent and the bottle of wine a lovely touch. We would definately return again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

General manager
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Bright, clean and well appointed. Helpful staff and a decent breakfast what more can you ask for after a day watching a game at Old Trafford. Parking could be missed as it is on the opposite street and quite concealed but other than that very good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre.

I will be glad to pass your comments on to all staff here at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you here again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very modern with clean lines and great amenities within walking distance of the city centre. The check-in was efficient and polite and I was recognised as an ihg member. I was upgraded to a junior suite and given access to the club lounge. The lounge is the worst part of the experience; it lacked the atmosphere and sumptuousness of other lounges.

The hotel comes with a great restaurant and gym. Slight draw back is e short walk to the NCP for parking, ie not great if it is raining.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for all of your comments and for taking the time to complete your review.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the Club Lounge and its atmosphere but I am glad to hear that you were happy with other facilities and amenities.

I am pleased to advise that we offer valet parking at £18 per 24hours, and also an open air car park directly opposite the hotel which costs £9.50 for 24 hours parking.

I look forward to seeing you at the hotel soon.

Best regards

Ruhr Valley
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre for four nights. We had booked two standard rooms for four persons with breakfast.

I liked the hotel´s location in the Northern Quarter, which I think is one of the most interesting parts of the city centre. It´s close to Arndale Centre and just a short walk to Piccadilly Gardens.
We took a mini cab from the airport which was about £25 pounds.

Check-in was quick and friendly. We got our rooms immediately even though we arrived in the early morning. Since we knew she we wouldn't be able to have breakfast on our departure day we asked if we could breakfast on arrival, but were told this was not possible. It´s what we had booked, so that´s alright.

The rooms were nice, very quiet, average sized, both equipped with two very comfy double beds. I liked the large windows! The rooms were clean and had a cool, modern decor. Unfortunately there just little lamps in the room so it´s quite dark in the evening. There´s TV, a kettler, hairdryer, mini-bar, a large desk and an armchair. Storage space is quite limited.
Bathroom was large. There was a shower and bathtub, good-quality toiletries and large, fluffy towels. The toilet was difficult to use, not really good.
Room cleaning was okay, but quite different in both rooms (adjacent rooms!). One room was provided with two complimentary bottles of water every day, lots of cookies and tea and little chocolate bars while the other room only received a minimum (one bottle of water, two cookies, no chocolate at all). Not much of a trouble, but I didn´t see a reason for this because our tipping was the same both rooms.

Breakfast buffet was good. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere. There was a large variety of food although they did not offer everything they claimed to offer on their menu (for example no scrambled eggs, no cranberry juice, no pecan plaits), but still a very good choice of foods.
Service at breakfast was fast and friendly.

Reception staff was very helpful to get a taxi on our departure.
If I get a good rate, I´d book Crowne Plaza again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Many thanks for your review of the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, I do appreciate the candid feedback we receive from valued guests such as you as we welcome any opportunity to improve the high standards of service we pride ourselves on.
On another note, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

I can assure you that your comments have been passed on to the relevant departments and action will be taken where needed.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Glasgow
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff in this hotel are worth their weight in gold. They are there for you all the way. The hotel also recognises platinum members within their loyalty program. The rooms are amazing and very comfortable. The location is great and really this hotel has everything you need.

Room Tip: corner rooms are awesome
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments towards our hotel and staff. I will pass on your great feedback accordingly.
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre in the future.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This truely is a little gem in the heart of Manchester. We arrived early after an early morning flight and were able to check in straight away, even though it was New Year's Eve. This was great as we were able to catch a few hours sleep before going out to enjoy the festivities. It was also my fiance's 30th birthday and they sent him a bottle of wine as a present - a lovely touch. The room was lovely and clean, really comfortable bed and great shower. I didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that but everything I experienced in the hotel was really good and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear 2012Catherine,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza for your visit to Manchester. I was delighted to read your review.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete such nice feedback which will be passed on to the team at the hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed the festivities and surroundings of the hotel, as well as your fiance's birthday.

I look forward to welcoming you here again soon.

Best regards,