“Great room and staff”

Ranked #16 of 117 Hotels in Manchester
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Great room and staff”
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here when we were attending a concert at the MEN arena which is only a 15 minute walk away. We had booked a club deluxe room and were very impressed. We were allocated room 815 which is on the 8th floor and on a corner of the hotel with two floor to ceiling windows, one on each outer wall. The views looking out to the city outskirts were excellent. The bed was huge and there was both a shower and a bath.
Being in a Club room we were entitled to access the Club Lounge, also on the 8th floor, where soft drinks and tea/coffee are free all day and alcohol and canapés free between 6pm and 8pm.
The only criticism I could give is that the tv was fixed at one angle on the wall and couldn't be watched when sat on the chair in the room.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Darren C
CrownePlazaManCity, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Darren C,

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review.
We very much appreciate you taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you were able to make use of the facilities such as the club lounge and also enjoy the attentiveness of our staff.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best Regards,

Bob Fairweather

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Lovely hotel, in a prime position as we were attending a concert at MEN arena, staff were very professional, but the reception staff just lacked a friendly personal touch that I personally like. The hotel was very clean. Our room wasn't quite ready when we arrived a little early but housekeeping were exceptionally helpful bringing extra towels etc and biscuits for the kids!
Would definitely stay here again, so I would recommend it to other travellers.

Room Tip: Family rooms were very generous sized and a double bed which our kids shared, better than a put up b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your comments on www.tripadvisor.com, it really helps us to maintain our standards and focus on areas that we need to improve.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with your kids and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody who is trailing to Manchester or just decides to have a night out in Town. The room was extremely posh and clean, the room was huge and the bathroom was fantasist too! The staff welcomed myself and my girlfriend as soon as we stepped foot into the hotel. The hotel has a lovely homely atmosphere and feel to it. If you want the perfect stay and want to stay in style, I would recommend this hotel to anybody! A big THANK YOU to the Crown Plaza Hotel in Manchester, you mad my stay delightful.

Thank you very much on behalf of myself and my girlfriend!

Room Tip: I would recommend you book on the internet, then you can pick which room you would like, and which r...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Thomas D,
what a great review of the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre!! We are all very happy to have had you and your girlfriend as guests and look forward to seeing you again soon. All your comments have been passed on to the staff who was really happy to hear they contributed to make your stay memorable.

hughesy80
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Spent the night as birthday treat. Staff were amazing room amazing quality of products in bathroom fantastic. Breakfast was amazing nothing was too much trouble. Tne bed was to die for.amazing location.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hughesy80
Dear Guest,
it is wonderful to hear that everything was amazing with your stay here at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am really happy to hear that you also enjoyed our staff which is what we are truly famous for.

Thank you again for your feedback and please come and visit us again soon, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

General manager
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed in the Crowne plaza Manchester city center for new years 2013 with my partner. Stayed in one of the club rooms so had access to complimentary breakfast, tea and coffee all day and alcoholic beverages (6-8pm) which was a fantastic touch I thought. The rooms were spotless yet also really comfy. The bed was huge and plenty of pillows so along with the really dark room once the curtains were closed, we had a fantastic nights sleep. The hotel has free wifi and lots of complimentary toiletries.The hotel is in a brilliant location with the Arndale center and the printworks right at the end of the same street. There are also so many bars, restaurants and breakfast cafes in the northern quarter as well so you will never go hungry or have no where to go. I would most definitely stay in this hotel if I was to come to Manchester again.

Room Tip: Upgrading to the club room is well worth it as you can come back from a day shopping and enjoy a nic...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you have been able to appreciate the fantastic amenities such as the Club Lounge and the free unlimited internet connection. Your comments help us enormously to maintain our standards and I would like to thank you for posting your review.

I look forward to welcoming you soon again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here before and usually stay in the Club rooms on the 8th floor, which may I say are fantastic! This time someone else booked the room and was booked as a standard, allocated a room on the 4th floor at check-in. The room itself is still great not as wow as the club floor rooms but still impressive for a standard, clean, roomy, good size bathroom etc However you can hear the noise from every single bus/car that drives by the front of the hotel. The windows are absolutely crap and useless when it comes to keeping noise out. As soon as it hits 0600am wether you like it or not your up! And there's no getting back to sleep as it's just so loud. I'm writing this review at 0700am on a Saturday morning laying in bed at the hotel. So my advice if you are planning on staying I would suggest probably 6/7th floor or above :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback and completing this review. I am saddened to hear that your last stay was not as positive as the others.
Next time you visit us please let us know by sending us an email and we will try to accommodate you in the best possible way.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza as an anniversary break for myself and my husband. When we arrived they advised me that we had been upgraded to a club room and had even left us a bottle of wine in our room as an anniversary gift! The room was clean and although small was very comfortable.
As we were in a club room we had access to a private lounge with drinks and canapes before heading out to the xmas markets.
Breakfast was buffet stlye and there was plenty of choice. I have nothing to complain about with this hotel, the staff were excellent and the bottle of wine a lovely touch. We would definately return again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Manchester City Centre. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,